What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I second checking back to see if you can get a better boarding time. Also, some cruisers that got better boarding numbers might be taking DCL transport from the resorts. I noticed that happened for my check in as well (people after me getting better groups) and it was usually if they were taking DCL transport.
We do have transfers and that's the funny part.

Can someone tell me about the passport submission? Do you take a photo of both the top and bottom pages (the top has my signature and the bottom is the main passport page). Do you need a separate pic of both pages, one pic of both pages together or just the bottom main page? Thanks!

Can someone tell me about the passport submission? Do you take a photo of both the top and bottom pages (the top has my signature and the bottom is the main passport page). Do you need a separate pic of both pages, one pic of both pages together or just the bottom main page? Thanks!
One photo that contains both pages.

Trying to log on 5 people for the last 30 minutes and just keep freezing up on loading the photo on the first person. This sucks.

Trying to log on 5 people for the last 30 minutes and just keep freezing up on loading the photo on the first person. This sucks.
Yea Disney IT sucks! It would spin at every screen. It finally gave me a port arrival time then started spinning again. Waiting this one out, but still no confirmation emails.

I guess I am just going to give up. I mean, I have a job, I've ben at this for over an hour, I have not been able to complete the log in for even one of us.

I had the same issue, I finally finished at 1:30am...but I'm sure it's likely because people just gave up and it seemed much quicker near the end.

This is the first time I didn't receive the earliest Port Arrival.

I had issues with the spinning circle and it took forever to upload my husbands photo but I managed to get through everything in just under an hour. Got PAT 11:15 and BG 6. I’m ok with that. Hoping it means not having to wait too long in the terminal before boarding like we did with earlier PAT in the past.

Arrrrggg--been trying to check in 2 cabins for 2 hours. I finally got the first one through, but the second one won't register the "Guest Information" section as complete! I've done it a million times--wiped all the info, re-entered it. Confirmed I haven't missed any fields. But it just won't take so I can't get to the PAT screen. Help!

Arrrrggg--been trying to check in 2 cabins for 2 hours. I finally got the first one through, but the second one won't register the "Guest Information" section as complete! I've done it a million times--wiped all the info, re-entered it. Confirmed I haven't missed any fields. But it just won't take so I can't get to the PAT screen. Help!

Update on this. Called first thing--apparently they didn't have an email or phone number on file for that cabin, so it wouldn't show that section as complete until they entered it on their end (even though I entered it in the "optional" section on the check in form. As soon as they added it, I refreshed and saved and it marked them as complete. So frustrating.

Update on this. Called first thing--apparently they didn't have an email or phone number on file for that cabin, so it wouldn't show that section as complete until they entered it on their end (even though I entered it in the "optional" section on the check in form. As soon as they added it, I refreshed and saved and it marked them as complete. So frustrating.
I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, it's the worst thing when they've set it to dealt with over night but the support when things go wrong doesn't open until hours later.

Thanks so much for all of the info shared here! I had no idea checking in online is going to be such a pain. 🤣 Not looking forward to that but I am looking forward to our first Disney Cruise in a couple months! ❤️

Thanks so much for all of the info shared here! I had no idea checking in online is going to be such a pain. 🤣 Not looking forward to that but I am looking forward to our first Disney Cruise in a couple months! ❤️
I had NO problems…and we were filling in info from 2 separate households
Anything left blank we saved and went back in later and filled in missing info.

just prepare your info ahead of time.
I had photos of passport page,
selfies appropriately taken
all your ID info and flight (if any) or transportation
credit card info downloaded on my phone/iPad
I also had my drivers license info
and just fill in the blanks.
then again 15 days prior add all your COVID info into the Safe Passage app.

I had NO problems…and we were filling in info from 2 separate households
Anything left blank we saved and went back in later and filled in missing info.

just prepare your info ahead of time.
I had photos of passport page,
selfies appropriately taken
all your ID info and flight (if any) or transportation
credit card info downloaded on my phone/iPad
I also had my drivers license info
and just fill in the blanks.
then again 15 days prior add all your COVID info into the Safe Passage app.
Great to know! Thank you!

I want to thank everyone who contributed their helpful hints here. Preparation, including backup plans, is key. So is patience.

Done at 12:40, PAT at 11:30, boarding group 6.

I don't think I wouldn't have succeeded with this early time without the guidance of those who have gone before....thanks again!

Adding my very recent experience here, FWIW:
First of all, I was a day early because I was watching the rolling countdown on the app and not counting actual days. I'm smart like that.

Secondly, I couldn't even find the online check-in button on my browser using Safari. I did see it on my phone via the app, but that kept timing out and it took me multiple tries to register each person. Later I logged in via Chrome and had much better success.

Overall it took me an hour and 45 minutes to complete check-in for 6 people in 2 staterooms.

We still were able to get a PAT of 11:45 and BG 9 (which feels decent to me, but what do I know as a first time cruiser) and a PAT of 12:00 and BG 11 for our 2nd stateroom. We're all together, so we're going to plan to show up at 11:45 and pray to the Port Arrival gods that they let us all "arrive" at the same time.

Thanks for the help/advice/info/angst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter