what do cdns do for rental cars???

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
This has come up before, but I would like to see if anyone has any updated info on what works best with our dollar.

Do you book yourself or use a TA? I used a TA last time ... worked great. Elaine

very good question.

It just so happens that I've been spending the last couple of hrs researching rates.

I have been punching in all sorts of codes on a bunch of different car rental sites. And the best rates are using the mousesavers codes if I want to go with a particular company.
I could find a cheaper rate with other companies using the Sidestep website but they are off site and I haven't seen many reviews or recommendations on them.
So, I'm going with a reputable company using a code.

My friend is a travel agent and looked some prices up for me but she came up with info that I already had. Nothing was better than what I came up with on my own.

I would love to hear what sort of rates other cdns have got on their rentals, especially on compacts and mid-size and the makes of the vehicles

In Feb, we rented a Mini Van (mercury Villager) thru L&M rental (which is in the airport) for $149 US/week. This was a better price than I could get on a mid or full sized car anywhere else. We had no problems with this company. If you check out the transportation board, you may find some more help. Thats where I got my info from. I booked myself, no travel agent.
HTH
Karen

Try "www.carwiz.com" Select your dates and check off for all companies. If you are flying into Orlando (mco) most agencies are offsite. They all provide a free shuttle and is 5-10mins away. To get one onsite you pay a premium and I believe a higher tax. The prices will change depending how far out you are traveling. As it got closer to my date another company (payless) was cheaper. I cancelled my reservation(free) and rebooked for the cheaper rate. They give you a reservation # that you can verify your reservation with that company. This is my first time using it but was told about it by someone that has. I'm going early Dec., so I will re-post if there was a problem.

I am trying to rent a vehicle using my airmiles. Unfortunately airmiles official rental car company is Alamo and they have not negotiated new rates past December 17/02. I arrive in Orlando on December 17 so now I have too wait and see what airmiles is going to do. Grrrrr - it's so hard trying to finalize things.

On a happier note, I booked MVMCP for December 19th and Cirque du Soleil for December 27th - we're really looking forward to both these events.

Cheers.

Diane

We booked our own rental car-did not get any info from a travel agent. I have two ressies right now just deciding which to keep-the first is with Dollar for 280.00 USD for a compact for 11 days, the second is with National for 303.00 for a compact for 11 days, with Dollar I used Entertain code-this code is no longer valid for booking. With National I used the DC contract # and coupon code. Both these ressies are this November. Hope this helps some!

Diane-On our trip in 2000 we use airmiles and alamo- airmiles told me it the ressie/payment from them to alamo was a electronic transaction-I only needed a confirmation # which they gave me. I arrived an Alamo said nope you need to have a voucher-neither party was particularily helpful and we almost missed our plane home because of it! Airmiles finally faxed Alamo and they let us go-of course this didn't take place until we returned the car. I follow up with both companies when I got home and both said that there info was correct so who know-but the offer has been around a while now 2plus years so I would imagine mine is a isolated case! Mabey you will luck out and Alamo will be onsite now that they are with National-I read here somewhere that they merged!! The car I got from Alamo was great they were just lacking a tad in the customer service dept! It is a great way to use airmiles though! Good luck!!
:)

Grover in Winnipeg:D

L&M has many mixed reviews on this site. When it goes bad there, it seems to go very bad. I was considering booking with them but noticed that their online reservation system had no security! Needless to say, I did not post my credit card info for any one to see and use. Decided to go with Dollar at $199 US per week for a minivan. Visit mousesavers.com frequently as they are constantly posting new codes for all the major companies.

Gary

April 2002 ~ self booked via internet Dollar $199 for minivan and L&M as back up. Cancelled L&M when Dollar was confirmed. (on-site)

April 2001 ~ TA booked Hertz via phone. Used Entertainment Book coupon when I got there and got free upgrade to an SUV Ford Explorer. (off-site, excellent off-site service)

June 1998 ~ Make a Wish rented us a Windstar from Budget (on-site)

1991 ~ TA booked Alamo eco car got upgraded to a small convertable for free (off-site ~ super busy ~ I don't love Alamo but if it was the only deal I could get I would book them again in desperation.)

1986 ~ TA booked Alamo eco car for upgrade to a great mid sized car, can't remember it.

Drove before those trips.

S

Rented thru a TA in Toronto in 2000, got stiffed :mad: :mad: Will make my own ressies from now on.

Like the fact that you don't have to load your luggage more than once when you book with a company in the airport, also great for us late check-in people when returning. It might cost a little more, but I'm on vacation and it's worth it!!:smooth:

Have always booked rental through TA at CAA.

I look up codes and she sees if she can beat them.

So far so good-I like the in airport rentals as well.

Booked Dollar rental for May 2003 full size car 11 days
$399. but will keep looking for a better deal until I leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter