What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

So I'm probably behind the times on this one but I just discovered the padded waterproof first aid tape. It's awesome! Sometimes the moleskin will roll or move but with a little tape on top I'm blister free!,

this sounds great, going to get some!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the app Tripit is best thing ever for a trip. When u get confirmation email for resort, dining, flights, anything u just forward to your Tripit and every thing including confirmation numbers are there in one place listed by date and time. I have the app on my iPhone so I'm not sure what other phones it is available for. Hth

My favorite was the pillow case with embroidery hoop for autographs. It was something different for the characters to sign, so they had fun with it. Every night my daughter gets to think about our trip.

leeford88 said:
My favorite was the pillow case with embroidery hoop for autographs. It was something different for the characters to sign, so they had fun with it. Every night my daughter gets to think about our trip.

This is a great tip!! I love that it would be something used everyday. Which is why were not going to press pennies lol. Theyd never get looked at again in our house. But a signed pillow case? FANTASTIC!! Thanks for sharing. This is one we'll definitely do!!:-D

Way back on page 115 or so there was a few threads about motion sickness relief. I'm an RN and have a few suggestions:

I am a big Dramamine junkie, but only for in the car where I can sleep, but instead of taking a whole Dramamine pill, try breaking it in half, or even 1/4 to see how your body will respond to it, you can always increase it in increments if you need to.

Another option is the accupuncture type theory sea bands, they look like little wrist watches with magnets that activate a pressure point on the pulse side of your wrist that is related to motion sickness, for those not wanting the side effects of oral meds. I have never used these so don't know how well they work, but I do know a lot of people use them. Since knowing about them, if I feel queasy, I will rub the inside of my wrists sometimes and it has helped.

There used to be an herbal based oil out there in a tiny brown bottle called "Travel-Ease" that you rub some on your wrists or behind your ears, had a bit of an odor to it but not unpleasant, I used it a lot with my kids and they said it helped.

Those mister fans are great for motion sickness and while spraying them on your face, imagine standing by a giant waterfall, guided imagery is a great distraction technique.

Suck on ice chips, or even munch on them. Also mint is a tummy soother, pack some Life Saver Pep-O-Mints with you, I've never tried gingerroot but I know they give it to pregnant women for morning sickness, they also sell lollipops on pregnancy websites that have ginger in them, I think they were called "Preggy Pops" or something like that, also hard candies to help with nausea.

Stay away from super sweet sodas and foods, and greasy rich foods, a recipe for disaster if you are prone to nausea. Stay well hydrated, some queasiness may be due to dehydration/heat sickness. Hard candies, mints, etc, since some queasiness may also be due to low blood sugar. Be sure to pack some PB crackers/granola bar to back the candy up.

Hope these tips help...if you know spinning rides or coasters or whatever has made you sick in the past, don't try to be a hero and just don't ride them!

Blessings, Michelle

Just booked our ADR for the Tomorrowland Wishes Dessert Party for
April2nd !! :cool1:

Just an FYI the online reservations were taking a long time to load to I called. The person on the phone stated that you cannot book this online and can only do it by calling.

Thanks everyone for the awesome tip! My family will be so excited!
:)

So how was it tonight? I am doing the party for the 1st time on the 14th.... Curious what you thought of it?

Bringing a small fan to the parks....it was a GODsend last august!

ryalluvdiz said:
I have been looking into a misting fan... I have read they leak. Did you use a regular fan or misting fan?

I have bought the 5 dollar ones from target in past years and have never had issues with them leaking. I wont go without the misting ones in that heat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter