What Disney Snack Do You Wish You Never Bought (and Ate)?

Our family of 4 each got something from Goofy's candy company in DTD. All awful! My wife remembers her item was a cupcake. The rest we just remember were wretched. That smell that emanates from the shop? Yeah, not EVERYTHING should taste like that smell. On the other hand, all the items we've purchased at the Confectionary have been fantastic. Nothing like splitting slices of a loaded covered apple on the balcony of the WL overlooking the pool & geyser after a long day at the MK.

Chocolate croissant from bakery in France at Epcot. Dh and I had been to Europe a few months prior and we were craving one...the Epcot version was no where close to the ones we had in France (or Germany or Switzerland), should have just saved my money for my grand mariner slush.

The breadsticks at POR Riverside Mill were awesome...as swords for a duel. As a snack, they were terrible. I have never eaten harder bread in my life. We probably should have complained, because they were clearly not fresh, but I hate to send back food. Instead, we kept them and joked about them for the rest of the trip.

Here in Michigan we have multiple flavors of Dole whip and I love them all. What I love to do at MK is get the float with Dole whip mixed with vanilla soft serve, mmm mmm good! :thumbsup2

Wait, what? Multiple flavors of Dole Whip? :confused3I'm in Michigan too! Please tell me where!! :dance3: I have had pineapple at Menchie's, YUMMY!!

The Zebra Domes were disappointing to me. I'm gonna have to try some on our next trip again.

The Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel is one of my absolute favorites though!

Loving this thread.

I figure you guys have saved me about $85 and 3 pounds next month! I've crossed off quite a few items from my snack bucket list. And that's ok.

I also love the term "gingerbread shingles." Makes me think of a virus you could be carrying if you've already had gingerbread pox.

Ditto!

Ahh, the differences in taste. For me, Skol Bread and Zebra Domes are not on my list of things I care to repeat. My DW and DD love the Zebra Domes.

I have one that I haven't seen mentioned: An egg roll from the cart by the Swiss Family Tree House. Had one and had an upset stomach all the rest of the day. I really was hungry for an egg roll. I looked at it in the cart, all lit up by the sun and in the back of my mind, I thought, the sun heating it can't be good, but I am hungry . . . My stomach can lead to some stupid decisions. I was sorry for several hours.

I love the reaction of eww, this is bad/awful/tastes funny - try it and see what you think? Okay, now pass it around - okay, we all agree, it's not good. Throw the rest away - if any after everyone has tried it.

Wow, I can't believe all of the cream cheese pretzel bashing on this thread! That's probably my favorite snack in all of WDW! My son and I crave those things.

I liked school bread okay, and I usually get a Dole whip, but I probably buy at least 5 cream cheese pretzels per trip!

As for what I don't like... I think the giant Starring Rolls cupcakes are WAY too sweet (I'm not an "icing" person), but I guess they'd be good if you're splitting one for the family to share.

I also thought the giant cinnamon rolls from Main St. bakery were a little overrated (but I ate them anyway.) :)

Wait, what? Multiple flavors of Dole Whip? :confused3I'm in Michigan too! Please tell me where!! :dance3: I have had pineapple at Menchie's, YUMMY!!

We spend most of our summer at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes just north of Muskegon and there is a place there called the Wippy Dip, they usually have a new flavor every week. :thumbsup2

Put us down for the turkey leg. 4 out of 4 of us thought it rated as the worst snack we had ever had anywhere. We used to love the old version of the school bread, but were not happy with the most recent version. I would still choose it over the turkey leg.

Another vote for zebra domes - I really hate coffee so it was very disappointing for me. My sister loves it though.

I also don't like the lefse in Norway. We make our own lefse at home and I love it. The lefse in Norway tasted like it had been out for days. And they used waaaay too much butter. Though it couldn't mask the utter staleness.

Tie dye cheesecake at POP. :crazy2: I should have known better just by looking at it, but people were raving about it on the POP board here! Lesson learned.

My least favorite were the dole whip (the pineapple ice cream). Now the vanilla ice cream in pineapple juice is delicious. I get one every trip!

The chocolate covered s'mores squares at a lot of the treat shops. I was picturing ooey gooey marshmallow filling and it was that nasty fake meringue-like marshmallow bleh. Also so much chocolate. It was thick.

Also the caramel covered apple. Looked good but the caramel was so nasty to me. It was thick on there and it was an awful sticky mess. I ate it but will never get another.

My faves are chocolate dipped rice crispy treats. Jalapeño cheese pretzel. School bread.(it's funny I'm not crazy about the bread itself but when you hit the cream in the middle it takes on a whole new flavor.)

I got the croissant doughnut (aka cronut) at Epcot last weekend. After hearing all the stories about people waiting in line for hours in New York to get one, I just had to try it. And all I can say is meh. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I mean, it wasn't foul or inedible or anything like that (though greasier than I expected--even for a doughnut.) But for the nearly $5 I spent, it hardly tasted sinful or memorable. It wasn't awful but personally I would take a regular chocolate chip cookie anyday if I was craving a sweet in the park.

Wow, I can't believe all of the cream cheese pretzel bashing on this thread! That's probably my favorite snack in all of WDW! My son and I crave those things.

I loved it too! Definitely going to have another on my next trip. Mine was hot and melty though. I will say I prefer the jalapeno cheese pretzel at AK, though.

A few must-try snack I'd read about on the forums but didn't like:

1) Turkey leg. So fatty and slimy. I took one bite, and DH wouldn't even try it; it went into the garbage can.
2) Carrot Cake Cookie. This isn't at all bad, and I ate over half of it. I love carrot cake with good cream cheese frosting. But this just seemed very simple, standard carrot cake to me. I thought it'd be something special. I won't get it again.
3) Rainbow kaki gori with condensed milk drizzled on top. Maybe I would like it better if I got just one flavor and no sweetened milk, but it all combined into something pleasant to neither the eyes or mouth. I thought the texture of the ice was strange, too.
4) School Bread. I really didn't like how dry the bread was, and it all just seemed fairly flavorless.

Regarding the rice krispy treats: I had one of the make-your-own at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD. It was WONDERFUL. I had mine dipped in milk chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate, and covered in crushed Butterfingers.

Easily the best rice krispy treat I ever had, and huge! It got it for one snack credit. I ate what I could and brought it back to the room wrapped up on a plate, and I had a few bites of it here and there when I wanted something sweet. I never entirely finished it until we got home, and it still tasted fresh even then.

Well, I am glad that I have a gluten intolerance, lol! I can steer my family away from those foods and save some money (family of six). The Turkey leg was hit and miss between my oldest son and my husband.

that dole whip thing. I read and read about it, was excited and got one.
Waaaay to sweet and artifical tasting.. I think I tossed over half out.

Any baked good from Disney. Everything looks so delicious, then you get it and it's dry and tasteless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter