What did you wish you had packed?

I understand what everybody is saying that you are staying in a room where a lot of other people have been in, but it is not like we are staying in a Motel 6, we are spending a lot of money or points for this cruise and you expect it to be clean and expect the people who have stayed in that room before you to have respect for the next person who is staying in that room and not assume that somebody else is going to clean up in certain areas that you would not think that would be dirty or soiled and worry about bacteria or e coli, this is probably one of the reasons for the Norovirus on these ships. I have stayed in some crappy hotels/motels and probably left them cleaner than I have found it.

Thanks everyone for these priceless tips! They will definitely make my trip run much more smoothly! :D

The Magic and Wonder have the iPod docking clocks, too.

:cutie:

The one we had on the Magic in May was broken at first and then once it was replaced, that one's light was SO BRIGHT. It was like having a light on in the room. We ended up facing it towards the wall, which defeated the purpose. So next time we might bring one we like. Other things I'll bring:

- A power strip/extension cord. What is with the bizarre outlets in the bathrooms???
- Tissues
- 99c liquid hand soap - our 5 year old made such a mess with the bar!
- Cold medicine - if I bring it, I won't need it :) Plus, it was like $9 on the ship!
- a battery light for the bathroom. We had to leave the light on in May so our son could get to the bathroom. It was WAY too bright!
- less snacks and toys for our son. Never ate the snacks and never played with the toys.

Exactly! We learned our first cruise, the second cruise we each had one small carry on luggage for each passenger, even packing that lightly we still could have done away with one! :) I could probably get everything I need in one backpack and be GREAT!! :)

:rotfl:If you put up less door decorations, imagine how light your luggage would be then?!:rotfl:

I understand what everybody is saying that you are staying in a room where a lot of other people have been in, but it is not like we are staying in a Motel 6, we are spending a lot of money or points for this cruise and you expect it to be clean and expect the people who have stayed in that room before you to have respect for the next person who is staying in that room and not assume that somebody else is going to clean up in certain areas that you would not think that would be dirty or soiled and worry about bacteria or e coli, this is probably one of the reasons for the Norovirus on these ships. I have stayed in some crappy hotels/motels and probably left them cleaner than I have found it.

Have you ever seen how thoroughly they disinfect a room of someone suspected of norovirus?!?! INCREDIBLE!!! It's also no mistake the the toys in the baby clubs are not "soft"... they disinfect them EVERY DAY!! I love Disney for taking such precautions!!!

The one we had on the Magic in May was broken at first and then once it was replaced, that one's light was SO BRIGHT. It was like having a light on in the room. We ended up facing it towards the wall, which defeated the purpose. So next time we might bring one we like. Other things I'll bring:

- A power strip/extension cord. What is with the bizarre outlets in the bathrooms???
- Tissues
- 99c liquid hand soap - our 5 year old made such a mess with the bar!
- Cold medicine - if I bring it, I won't need it :) Plus, it was like $9 on the ship!
- a battery light for the bathroom. We had to leave the light on in May so our son could get to the bathroom. It was WAY too bright!
- less snacks and toys for our son. Never ate the snacks and never played with the toys.

The clocks display can be dimmed (3 levels) as well as turning it off. If you have it off, you can press any button for a quick light up of the display to see what time it is.

I forgot to bring (and I don't know how this happened!)diarrhea medicine. Had to buy it onboard, ouch.

:cutie:

Thanks for all the great ideas! We'll be going on our first Disney cruise in a couple months so I started a packing list - I would have never thought of some of those things.

Take out 1/2 of your clothes. Right now. Go do it. You will not need them.

So funny:rotfl2: But soooo true. I never listen to this advice and always overpack and am always sorry when I get home and have to unpack it all.
I am realllly gonna try hard to not do that this time...honest:goodvibes

What is bad about the hangers they provide, type or not enough?

not enough..I try to leave all my clothes on hangers when I pack...then all I have to do is hang them..don't have to put them on hangers..to me it saves a lot of time..takes a little more room in the suitcase tho..but it works for me..

linco711 said:
not enough..I try to leave all my clothes on hangers when I pack...then all I have to do is hang them..don't have to put them on hangers..to me it saves a lot of time..takes a little more room in the suitcase tho..but it works for me..

I do that with about half of my clothes - then I leave the hangers behind. Leaves some extra room for packing souvenirs :)

This is such a great thread! As a first time cruiser it's so helpful. I feel there are great ideas here!

I didn't read the entire thread, but I have found bringing self stick return address label (used for letters) is very useful to place on those luggage tags on the last night of the cruise. prevents having to write your name and address on each luggage tag.

Great idea. Thanks. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter