What did you want when you were a child?

Always wanted to fly. To this day at 48 years old I still gawk at the sky when I hear an airplane. I'll never fly myself which is why I fly RC and flight sim on the computer (which the new MS Flight Sim is amazing! :D)

I wanted a horse and a canopy bed, never got either.

I wanted the horse and the canopy bed too. Got the horse. Not thrilled. We sold him after a year. Never got the canopy bed. Never had ceilings tall enough to have one.

I also wanted a corvette. Never got one. Sat in one and changed my mind - it was so uncomfortable.

I also wanted a corvette. Never got one. Sat in one and changed my mind - it was so uncomfortable.

Yup, DH also wanted a Corvette or a Porsche when he was young. Finally got to a stage in life where he could afford one, but now his back doesn't do well with it. Like he always said, "Why is it that when you want one but can't afford one, your back can handle it, but when you can finally get one, your body doesn't "do" well with it.

A morgan horse, of course. I finally made my dream come true when I was 19 and bought my morgan - found him in the want ads under "Gelding - Morgan $800". He was a steal - even though he was a neglected mess when I got him - a true fixer upper!

I wanted to be an interior designer. It didn't happen. Oddly, now that I'm old and retired, I am taking classes to become a certified designer. I won't use it, but it will be a goal finally achieved.

I wanted to go on an African safari. It didn't happen.

I was from a very small town and wanted to travel to faraway places and see The Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Coliseum, Big Ben, St. Basil’s, and so many more. I’ve seen all those and more.

Not every dream came true. I also wanted to live in the bottle from I Dream of Jeannie, but that never happened. I think a lot of little girls shared that dream.

I also wanted to live in the bottle from I Dream of Jeannie, but that never happened. I think a lot of little girls shared that dream.

Yes! I wanted that for my bedroom!

For the future, I wanted 9 kids. I had 4 kids and have 5 grandchildren so far, so kind of worked out.

In the 1960s I wanted a sting ray bicycle so I could win some of the grade school Olympic bike contests. A clunky Huffy bike has no maneuvering abilty at all....and so big that half the dismounts where failures. \

So I went out into the May (spring) deserts of the California Mohave desert to find the fastest desert tortoise . Put five of them to the test and the best potential for speed was taken to the Joshua Tree Turtle races. (Myrtle Turtle, you try to rhyme tortoise) Paid the entry fee in the child race for the sting ray bike donated to the cause of profit raising. STill wanting that sting ray bike!!!!

Moved to oregon 3 years later and all my peers had those 70s honda mini bikes..."You will break you arm and more importantly disturb the cows" said my dad. He wondered why I never wanted a car.....no need for the speed.

I always wanted a horse and a canopy bed as well! I did get the horse, have had up to 7 at a time and now have 3. Never did get the canopy bed.

For some reason, when I was in kindergarten through 2nd grade, I was saving up for a hang glider!!! We lived in the desert, and my dad had taken us to watch some folks hang gliding. I decided I wanted one! It was a pretty short lived obsession.

where....60s joshua tree kid here....

A dollhouse! My daughters had all manner of doll houses growing up because I was living vicariously through them ...

As a kid I always wanted a slide off my bunk bed or the deck on our 2nd floor apartment. Yeah, my parents squashed that idea real fast. Fast forward to now and as my husband and I have just finished building a new deck, he actually was looking to put a slide on it...not with our daughter in mind, but me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter