What did you want when you were a child?

I wanted to own racehorses. I still do, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be that rich.

I wanted to go to space camp, but my parents wouldn't let me because it was out of state and cost a lot. 😔 I joke with them that this is the reason I never became an astronaut.

I wanted to go to WDW, and I haven't changed a bit. :lovestruc

Possessions, not so much-but I desperately wanted my own room instead of having to share with my bratty little sister. I didn't get my own room until I was 16, and even though it was a tiny little ugly hole-in-the-wall it was *all mine* and I loved it.

I always wanted to be a veterinarian, but my mother said they had no money for college, women weren't vets, and I wasn't smart enough, so that ended it. I went into the work that my mother chose. I was good at it but am sorry I did not pursue my dream.
If I could afford it today, I would buy land and have a sanctuary for dogs.

I wanted to be a contestant on a game show, I loved so many of them but my favourite was The Price is Right with Bob Barker. I was convinced if kids were allowed on as contestants I would win the showcase showdown. I even had a reoccurring dream about being on the show lol

For some reason, when I was in kindergarten through 2nd grade, I was saving up for a hang glider!!! We lived in the desert, and my dad had taken us to watch some folks hang gliding. I decided I wanted one! It was a pretty short lived obsession.

In middle school we lived in a mid century modern house in Southern California, but I preferred all the new colonial style houses they were putting up in new developments around us. When we moved back East, we got one!!!

In early high school, I wanted a 65-66 Mustang. Never got one of those either. But now I’d rather have a beach condo than a vintage car.

In 1965-1966 my dad took me to the Ford dealer. He was considering buying mom a Mustang. He decided against it. I was about 8 years old and decided I wanted a 1965 or 1966 Mustang. I finally got my 1965 Mustang 5 years ago when I was 58.
Thank goodness I didn't follow the path you did because when I was 14, I wanted a Fiero when I got my driver's license, LOL. So glad I didn't follow up on that :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter