What did you do in Cozumel?

FamilyofTerpFans

Earning My Ears
Family with four kids (2, 4, 7 and 11) planning our first cruise this October, and I'm looking for suggestions on kid-friendly excursions in Cozumel. Thanks!

We did the Fury catamaran and beach party. Great excursion, good for families. Snorkeling, saw lots of fish, tons of slides and inflatables at the beach party.

Can you tell me more bout the fury, we are going in to weeks with 2 5 years old and a 7 year old. Did you just wear suits and did you carry nothing in a bag?

We did Mr. Sanchos also, with 2 kids 8 & 10. Fun day there and not fAr from the port. I hope to be back there in 4 weeks.

Can you tell me more bout the fury, we are going in to weeks with 2 5 years old and a 7 year old. Did you just wear suits and did you carry nothing in a bag?

Take some cash, they have a photographer selling pictures and some things for sale on the beach. We just wore our suits, they supply the snorkeling gear. We had a bag with towels, sunscreen etc.

Family with four kids (2, 4, 7 and 11) planning our first cruise this October, and I'm looking for suggestions on kid-friendly excursions in Cozumel. Thanks!

We did the DCL Port Adventure for Playa Mia. On the DCL website it's titled "Cozumel Beach Break". Since you have young children, it will most likely be the best excursion there.

My family and I did it this past February and it was fabulous! It's an all inclusive excursion at Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park in Cozumel. It's a nice beach with tons of chairs/umbrellas. There's a water play area your children will absolutely love. They also have a very nice pool, a spa area, and bigger water slides too. It's all inclusive so all the water activities, the lunch buffet, and drinks (including alcohol) are covered in the price. Oh, and if you book with DCL you'll have a motor coach taking you there and picking you up too. You can't go wrong with Playa Mia. If you are interested in more information about the place, Google "Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park."

Do consider bringing some petty cash if you want to rent a locker at Playa Mia. It was $12 for a small locker, but they reimburse $6 when you return the key. They also offered open air cabana massages (not included in the price of your excursion). I believe it was $45, but they handed you a 10% off coupon upon entry to the place. If you want to do some shopping, there is a small bazaar at the entrance of Playa Mia too.

Enjoy a wonderful cruise on the magnificent Disney Fantasy! :goodvibes

We did the DCL Port Adventure for Playa Mia. On the DCL website it's titled "Cozumel Beach Break". Since you have young children, it will most likely be the best excursion there.

My family and I did it this past February and it was fabulous! It's an all inclusive excursion at Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park in Cozumel. It's a nice beach with tons of chairs/umbrellas. There's a water play area your children will absolutely love. They also have a very nice pool, a spa area, and bigger water slides too. It's all inclusive so all the water activities, the lunch buffet, and drinks (including alcohol) are covered in the price. Oh, and if you book with DCL you'll have a motor coach taking you there and picking you up too. You can't go wrong with Playa Mia. If you are interested in more information about the place, Google "Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park."

Do consider bringing some petty cash if you want to rent a locker at Playa Mia. It was $12 for a small locker, but they reimburse $6 when you return the key. They also offered open air cabana massages (not included in the price of your excursion). I believe it was $45, but they handed you a 10% off coupon upon entry to the place. If you want to do some shopping, there is a small bazaar at the entrance of Playa Mia too.

So glad to hear your review! My husband and children are doing that excursion in two weeks and I was worrying that I made the right choice. Now I'm really excited!

We are also going in October and are planning on probably doing the Fury Catamaran shore ex. I wanted to do the Adventure Park, but since my DD is only 6, she is under the age limit. Boo. :(

We also did this excursion our grand kids are 3 and 5, they loved it.
There are paddle boats also included in the cost. They had a great time out there on the water in the boat. I think they also had kayaks. They were too small for the water toys out in the ocean but their parents and my son and his girlfriend had a blast out there.
It was a super fun day.

If you don't end up doing a DCL excursion, here's a great option that's relatively inexpensive and very enjoyable. If we take a cruise that takes us back to Cozumel, we'll go right back to it:

For Cozumel, it's not free but I'd never pass up the opportunity to grab a taxi to Chankanaab. It's about 20 bucks for the day (it included whatever T Shirt for a souvenir you like) and it's just really great. The snorkeling is great because the fishies there seem to be undisturbed by people and you can watch them around their little homes in the rocks and doing their natural behaviors. All different colors and species too.

We also saw the Sea Lion (handsome Diego!) show and that was just an absolute plus also.

Beyond awesome lunch there by the way. Fresh right off the bottom Conch Ceviche and fish tacos, and very remarkable/memorable Margaritas and Pina Coladas.

We really liked Paradise Beach. The pool is wonderful and there is free wifi throughout their complex. They also had computers you could use at the bar.

We took a cab there and back and it was very easy to do.

If you don't end up doing a DCL excursion, here's a great option that's relatively inexpensive and very enjoyable. If we take a cruise that takes us back to Cozumel, we'll go right back to it:

We did this a couple of weeks ago with 2 four year olds. I agree with you, we would definitely do this again. There's a seperate beach area where the water is shallow. The kids spent most of the day playing in this area. The sea lion show was great.

We did the ruins tour. Pretty good. Allthough we had such rocky waters that the ride to main land was very bad (people were throwing up). And due to the surf, no one was aloowed in the water.

The ruins are pretty cool, but you cant walk on them. Since we had never sen any Mayan stuff we liked it.

Has anyone done the Ruins and Beach Tour with kids?

We did it with a 5 year old. It is OK. The ruins are nice, but not near as impressive as the ones on the main land. IMO the beach sucks. You will drive past some truly beautiful beaches on the gulf side and keep waiting for the bus to drop you off and then they will turn back towards to port and drop you off at a private beach that is pretty much just a dump and you are trapped there for a couple hours. I know a lot people like these beaches but I was very disappointed. Corse sand, dirty water, lots of trash.

If I ever take cruise again that goes to Cozumel I will just stay on the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter