What did you do as a teenager or college student that you didn't tell your parents about until years later?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
What did you do as a teenager or college student that you didn't tell your parents about until years later? Also what was their reaction? :rolleyes1:D:confused3

That I charged my older sisters to pick the lock on the liquor cabinet and added water to the Vodka bottle since those 2 genius sisters didn't take into consideration that eventually our parents would notice the dwindling supply of Vodka. Their reaction was a snort from my dad and the comment that of course I would charge them to pick the lock.

Just last week talking with mom, I asked, "did you really think that I was staying at Ronnie's house, and Ronnie was staying at Donnie's house, and Donnie was staying at Beav's house, and Beav was staying at my house all those weekends?"

That we went to NYC every weekend starting when I was 16 and went to clubs all night long for years, my friend up the street had parents who had no rules. I slept over all of the time and even stayed there when my parents went on vacation.

When I was sixteen, I told my parents I was going down the shore with my friend and her big sister. In reality, I met my little bit older boyfriend when we got there and spent the weekend with him instead. I didn't tell my Mom this until years later. She had no clue, and was pretty shocked because I was the "good" one who never got into trouble. The truth was, I just had a knack for flying under the radar and not getting caught.

That we went to NYC every weekend starting when I was 16 and went to clubs all night long for years, my friend up the street had parents who had no rules. I slept over all of the time and even stayed there when my parents went on vacation.
Same life exactly.

Only one thing never told my parents, and I don't regret it... :rolleyes1

While having a sleepover with a bff her older brother's friend took us to Yorkville in Toronto, Ontario. It was 1966ish, I was 14 years young. We were allowed into a beatnik club. We watched patrons drink expresso, were there in the wee hours of the morning. Joni Mitchell and Gordie Lightfoot were rwo of the acts. :goodvibes

It was amazing!

Last edited:
I wouldn't tell my parents things about my actions back in the day (and I for the most part was a good girl) just like I wouldn't want my sons springing things on me now.

I wouldn’t know where to start. But then again, my own mother and her sisters and friends themselves did some crazy things during the War years that we’re pretty shocking (that I don’t think I ever heard completely fully about)! 😳 For today I’ll pick: hitchhiking out of state with a friend - when we were thirteen (me) and fourteen. Yeah, I told my own kids early on there wasn’t going to be much they could do that would go over my head, lol.

SOOOOO many things I never told and never ever will! She just found out when she was like 80 that I smoked pot in jr high and high school all the time- wouldn't want to shock her now at 91 with stuff that really went on. My daughter knows more of my rebellious pre-teen/teen years than anyone else.

What did you do as a teenager or college student that you didn't tell your parents about until years later? Also what was their reaction? :rolleyes1:D:confused3

LOL - I never told them, and it actually involves WDW. Spring break my freshman year at college, a big group of my sorority friends went to Destin. My boyfriend (future hubby) was also there with his fraternity friends. Mid week, we got in a car, left the beach, and went to Disney! I was born and bred on the parks, it was hubby's first trip (of MANY). We went again for our honeymoon, which my parents' always believed was his first trip
🤐

I went streaking!!! Five of us went to the coast and rented a run down bungalow, in a lot with other run down bungalows....after cards there was a harmless dare...in the dark....to run down the lot and back...afterwards I had to turn the keys over to the owner of the vehicle we were using...so much for by level headed thinking reputation.

I'm not sure there was anything I did that they didn't find out about. Overall I didn't' really do too much rebelling. The biggest rebelling I did was to still see my boyfriend when I was suppsoed to be grounded and not allowed to see him.

There's nothing for me to tell. I never did anything that I would have cared if they knew. I never had a rebelious streak at all. :confused3
Same....none of us kids did anything crazy our parents didn't know about. Our parents were kinda wild growing up and they were pretty lenient with us but we never felt the need to go crazy even though we probably could've gotten away with anything. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter