what did you buy while you were at WDW???

jmbadavis

Earning My Ears
I am curious to see what people have purchased at WDW, apparrel, souveniors, hats, fun stuff, etc. We are leaving for WDW in 29 days. My son is 15 and I am thinking there wont' be much for his interest. He is an athletic type kid so his wardrobe is pretty much anything to do with FB or wrestling. But on the ohter hand my daughter is 17 and loves to shop so she will make up for his less interest.

Hi,
I am going to move you over to the Theme Park Boards. HOpefully you will get more answers.

I'm almost thinking your son may enjoy Universal Studios. Can you plan a day there for him?

For the past 3 trips I have bought a different plush animal at the Animal Kingdom. So I will continue to do that until they no longer have animals I don't have.

Last trip I bought a picture frame for my mom, a picture frame for my sister, green tea in Japan for my sister, Twinings tea in UK for my sister, a mug that keeps your beverages cold for my brother, a stuffed Ewok for me, a stuffed Figment for me, a monorail notepad for me, and all the Mr Potatohead parts. I think that's it for that trip.

In 2004 I bought my ex a shot glass and a sarong for me.

In 2002 I bought a visor, 2 picture frames, and a photo album for me.

I think the trip before that I bought a sweater and an autograph Pluto.

If we fly, the kids are limited. My DD(15) usually goes for the stuffed animals, my son will get a soccer jersey or t-shirt.
When we drive, DD gets as many animals as she can afford. ;)
Personally, I grab a t-shirt and pin for myself. I wish I could afford all the household items, toasters, towels, etc. I would love a Mickey kitchen.

One special thing we each picked out was a Christmas ornament. It is nice at chistmas when we get them out to remember Disney.

My kids picked out stuffed animals and mickey ears. They also filled a box with potato head parts.

This year since we are going with a baby I'm really looking forward to shopping with him while everyone else goes on rides. :yay:

I bought almost every Disney t-shirt they had to offer. :rotfl:

I also bought two very cute purses. One is a brown messenger cross body type bag (they're very popular now so your 17 year old might love it) and a blue Mickey tote bag.

I also bought a sweatshirt with WDW on it. And of course, pink Minnie crocs.

I used to collect the Winnie the Pooh designer plush from the department store in Japan had just one to go Rabbit and they stopped carrying them...:sad1:

small figurines, the plush inspired by the countries, a few pins, pens, shirts are usual items for me.

My DH has bought a nice blanket from Mexico, a hand carved chess set from a shop in Adventureland.

Other cool non-Disney things I've gotten from Japan a really nice tote style purse w/ intricate needlepoint like design on it, a necklace as well from there. I love the cloth wallets, etc in China. and I got a cloth bread basket from France (it's just like one my sister bought me in the real France)

We're also fan's of the Christmas store.

This year so far on the wish list of souvineers:
my DS(9): pressed penny book and pennies, any new Toy Story stuffed animal he doesn't have, something PoC inspired and something from China

my DD (9): a pin lanyard and pins, a shell braclet she saw a picture of here on the boards, polynesian themed things for her room and American Girl style Disney doll clothes, and a new charm for her Disney charm bracelet

my DD (5): a countries passport, an autograph book, the disney little pony stuff, anything Ariel or Princess, maybe start her Disney charm bracelet this year.

for my DD (18 mo.): hope to get her first haircut there in the MK Barber Shop and get first haircut ears, get 1st visit button (free)

me: WDW themed music CD's, cloth round zipper pouches from China, collectible glass mugs from Liberty Square in MK, sounvineer picture packages to split w/ DMom from our character meals, Christmas ornaments for us and kids

not sure DH has anything in his radar yet

I have to say generally we do good w/ our shoping but being on our every 3-years plan...we may buy a bit more than average. But I try to stick to wish lists and a general set amount of spending money. This trip I'm also designating a small carry on (that going will carry our 1-day essentials if DME delays our luggage) to fill up as we buy. Once full well we either need to stop or determine any last must buys....

dh got an embroidered WDW hoodie, i got a long sleeve hooded tee with MICKEY (of course) got my oldest dd a bobble head (she collects them) my second dd got a tinkerbell licence plate and tink earrings, and ds got an espn sporstscenter tee. also got the cute snowman blanket for $10 when you puchase $50.. and i got some cute plates and salt/pepper shakers at the basin store...i usually collect those stuffed beanie mickeys but didnt get one this time for some odd reason, i guess i'll get that in june when we return. (along with many other things , i'm sure!:goodvibes

I am curious to see what people have purchased at WDW, apparrel, souveniors, hats, fun stuff, etc. We are leaving for WDW in 29 days. My son is 15 and I am thinking there wont' be much for his interest. He is an athletic type kid so his wardrobe is pretty much anything to do with FB or wrestling. But on the ohter hand my daughter is 17 and loves to shop so she will make up for his less interest.

Be sure to check out Team Mickey's at Downtown Disney in the Marketplace. They have a huge selection of athletic apparel--with and without Disney characters. Unfortunately, you won't find anything for wrestling--believe me--we have tried--our son has wrestled for ten years!

We always buy a matching t-shirt for my DH and I; we buy ourselves our own t-shirt that we each like; we always buy a little something as a surprise for each other (my husband got me a Mickey charm bracelet this year and I got him a crystal Dumbo) and we always spend over $100 at the Christmas store in ornaments and holiday decorations.

We bought the nicest Pirates jackets. We wear them all the time.

My favorite buy this last trip was my Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley-type backpack purse. I absolutely love it, I was just about to call WDW Merchandising to get another one and DH surprised me with a discount code so we can go this year and get another in person.

I bought more this last trip than I usually do.

For myself: a Mickey wristwatch (battery died in my watch third day at WDW) and an MVMCP AP pin.

For friend: The final items needed to finish a project I started for her in March. She'll receive around Christmas 2008.

For friend's DD: A 2007 WDW picture frame & watertight lanyard/case for cards/cash while swimming.

For friends DGD(9): An MVMCP AP pin, a Pop Century pin (where we stayed), a WDW ruler and a couple of other small items I don't recall. I wanted to buy her a Pal Mickey, but her mother vetoed it. *sigh*

a little of everything...I spend at least $500.00 in the gift shops each trip.
You name it...we've bought it.

This is just for our 2007 trip, (I try to make it sound better by saying we were there for 17 days, do if you divide it up by day we didnt spend that much!;) )

DH - 4 Disney Polo's, golf goodies, Mickey Golf umbrella, Chopsticks from Japan, Cigars from DTD, a mixed drink from EVERY country in Epcot! (not Morocco, he got a beer from there.)

Me - Mickey Golf umbrella, 7 WDW photo albums, 2 Disney cookbooks, 2 Imaginearing books, Disney A to Z book, padded Pin book, lots of Pins, 2 Polos, 3 t-shirts, Mickey head sarong, SSE icon pic holder, YOMD plush Mickey, Ceramic Mickey House, set of WDW die-cast Bus lines, 2 photo frames, license plate, license plate frame from Mouse Gears, 2 snowglobes, MK and Epcot souvenier DVD's, framed Pin set, scrapbooking stuff, 4 park throw, 2 fans from China, 2 sets of chopsticks from Japan, pick a pearl

DD - pressed penny book (filled), Pirates purse, Pirates phone holder, Mickey tote, 5 or 6 t-shirts, Mickey shorts, pink Mickey Croc's, Jibbitz, Mickey earrings, Mickey swimsuit, Pirates beach towel, chopsticks from Japan, Pirate Mickey plush, New Lanyard and 8 pins, pick a pearl, other stuff that I cant remember right now, if she was here she would be listing it off to me!

DS - First Haircut, 2 boxes of Mr Potato head parts, Pirate Mickey, Pal Mickey, Mickey football, 2 rubber Donald Duck bath toys, Pirates sword, autograph book and pen, Pirates light up toy, Mickey light up sword, a couple of new Mickey cups and Stitch cups, Pirate ship with Mickey and the gang (small rubber like figurines), 2 WDW onesies, 2 of the 2pc toddler outfits, pressed penny book (that we ended up filling), Nemo beach towel, at least 10 Cars die cast, hand held drum from China, plush Nemo

I will add more when I remember them!

Stuffed animals for my DD6 ~ lots of them:rotfl:

My DS13 got a kick out of the pastry shops in Epcot and had to try many of them ... that is where a lot of his money went:rotfl:

I love scarpbooking so I bought a few scrapbooks and Disney supplies for my vacation scrapbook

I also collect Christmas ornaments so I bought a couple of really cute ones from Epcot and the xmas shop at MK

We bought the photopass CD ....

DD got a painted umbrella :rolleyes1

There is a lot for guys in the Everest shop ...all kinds of cool Yeti stuff so not sure if he would be interested in that kind of thing

beside a hat or t-shirt along the way, we will buy at least 1 Christmas ornament on our fall trip, 1 license plate, and 1 pin. We want these for each year we go, and we have been going every year since 1994, twice a year since 2000. We started this in 2003.

It's varied each trip...

Christmas Mickey Plush, My Friends Tigger & Pooh Memory Game, Disney Toddler Bucket Hat, Christmas Ornaments (great gifts!), Oven Mitts in Mickey & Minnie, WDW Mugs (Factoid or Specific Character), Baby Mickey Plush, and T-Shirts!

How do I get the first visit buttons for my little ones?

didn't mean to high jack

At the parks' guest services generally or once your in sometimes you can ask a CM to help you out.

I never knew about these fun buttons till 05 and we collected (Then they were different)the b-day pins from the 4 parks for our twins. They got alot of FUN attention wearing them on their bucket hats.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter