• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I'm baking some frittata muffins right now. They're basically omelette fillings (onion, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach etc) in some egg/coconut flour batter, poured into muffin tins that have been lined with ham slices. We're trying to cut our processed carbs a bit for October, and cut out almost all sugar, so I'm making snacks today to help us always have something to grab from the fridge between meals. For this week, I settled on these muffins, hummus and cut veggies, and Cuban black bean soup.

My sister randomly sent this link for a single chocolate chip cookie earlier this week. I’ve been wanting chocolate chip cookies but didn’t feel like the mess & work to make a whole batch. Decided to try this Thursday evening. OMG, it was delicious! So good, in fact, I made it again last night. :laughing: I have a feeling I’m going to be making it a lot this winter. I doubled the recipe & made 2 cookies for my DH & myself.

https://apple.news/AhrVfF6LKTv6-ztD-b5VSaw

Last edited:
My sister randomly sent this link for a single chocolate chip cookie earlier this week. I’ve been wanting chocolate chip cookies but didn’t feel like the mess & work to make a whole batch. Decided to try this Thursday evening. OMG, it was delicious! So good, in fact, I made it again last night. :laughing: I have a feeling I’m going to be making it a lot this winter. I doubled the recipe & made 2 cookies for my DH & myself.

Holy cow! Almost 400 calories for that cookie. :eek: Worth it though, if it was just what you needed to "fill the gap". :goodvibes I love running across little "life-hacks" like this.

Holy cow! Almost 400 calories for that cookie. :eek: Worth it though, if it was just what you needed to "fill the gap". :goodvibes I love running across little "life-hacks" like this.

I never even looked at the nutrition information. :rotfl2: It is huge tho, like those cookies from Gideon’s at Disney Springs ( which I didn’t really care for, lol). I think I could easily make each one into 2 cookies, so half the original, & it would still enough.

The problem is, I opened a bag of chocolate chips the first night. Now the rest of that bag is sitting there, just begging to be used. :rolleyes1:lmao:

Hmm, :scratchin You've got me wondering if this recipe can be made even easier by using cake mix instead. I've got a whole thread over on the DIS Cooking Board for Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, now CUPS & POPS. But, I've never divided the cake mix down to making a single serving cookie portion.

I routinely make single muffins all the time with the Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake mix. (Kodiak actually makes a muffin mix too. But, I always have the pancake/waffle mix on hand instead.) I was inspired by the single serving microwave cake in a mug recipes. So, I make a muffin in a mug instead and add in some cake mix to make the pancake mix less dense. But, I measure by eye, so I have never had exact measurements to post how I make the muffins.

Since I always have cake mix on hand, I'll have to see if I can make single cookies from the cake mix. :scratchin

I saw the characters eat it on Walker Independence and wanted to know how to make it from scratch. I’m going to follow this recipe and try it over the weekend. 😋🍲

It's Thanksgiving weekend and pies are on the agenda! Pie is our Thanksgiving thing and the usual menu is apple, pumpkin, raisin, lemon meringue and coconut cream. It's our tradition but honestly, after the feast, they attract very little interest.

:laughing: Last year though, something funny happened. My sister was hosting and had a brand new stove. She messed up on the oven controls and by the time we discovered the turkey wasn't actually roasting, we were running hours late. We decided to serve the pies before dinner, while everyone was waiting. We were all hungry and it was a huge hit! Maybe we'll do it that way all the time from now on. :goodvibes

A great big pot of beef rendang. I start on the stove, but put in the oven once it reaches a simmer because I don't want to babysit it for 4 hours.

It’s time for baked apples! I especially like them with Walker shortbread cookes.

What is this?! We just picked a whole bunch of apples and I need something to do with them. Do you have a recipe to share?
My daughter is home from college on her fall break. We went apple picking yesterday. We made cream puffs and made apple pie filling to put in the bottom. It was a nice fall spin on a cream puff. (We kind of "winged it" and combines several different recipes, so this is our 'own creation.') They were quite tasty.
My mom is kind of famous for her apple pie. I can't take any credit for baking it, but she sent a photo so I'm attaching it here, too.

We still have a LOT of apples left though.

Attachments

• apple-cream-puffs.jpg
    apple-cream-puffs.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4
  • apple-pie.jpg
    apple-pie.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter