• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Apricot Bars that came out good as always.

Choc Chip cookies that came out much too puffy, not as always, as I like think and crispy. I'm pretty sure I beat sugar and eggs too long as I got distracted. Internet said too much air got in. I don't like soft puffy cookies, least of all Tollhouse.

:( It's been too hot here for a month to even think about firing up the oven. (I don't think I've actually baked anything since the rhubarb came in.) Summer fruits are hitting their peak now but with no break in the forecast, I'm going to have to bite the bullet to enjoy some of our favourite luscious peach recipes. And of course, the annual deluge of "gifted" zuchinni will land at any moment. I try something new with it each year and return a batch to the grower. This is what I'm thinking:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blueberry-zucchini-squares/

Not baking, but we had shrimp and veggie tempura for dinner and it was sooo good. It's better at home than restaurants because it doesn't sit under a heat lamp and isn't all thick (American tempura is more like battered/deep fried food than true lacey tempura). I fry up a bit, then we eat it, then get up and fry some more, so it's always fresh. I used up a whole lot of garden produce, too.

Do you actually make all these recipes? Or just post the videos. Would love to see pictures of some of your products if you're actually making them, because they sound interesting.
Some I make the day of posting. Most of the recipes I post are just some of the recipes I find that I think others will enjoy. I try to find healthy Mediterranean diet recipes mostly.

I just baked an orange/pineapple cake that we first ate while in the South. You used Duncan Hines orange cake mix and bake as stated. Let it cool down to WARM, and then put a can of crushed pineapples evenly over the warm cake. The syrup sinks into the warm cake. Then put it in the fridge til it is cold. Then cover it with cool whip and put back in the fridge til you serve it.

It is really delicious, refreshing, and tropical for our hot summer days.

Where I live, you can't get DH's orange cake mix, so I had a friend send me some from Tennessee. It's crazy that I can't buy it here. Oh well, worth the wait.

I recently saw a Reel of someone making these easy Pencil Cookies. You just take vanilla wafers and make a point at the top by cutting the top of the wafer. Then I dipped the top in white chocolate and put a mini chocolate chip on top. When that dried I melted some more white chocolate and added pink food coloring. I then dipped the bottom in the pink chocolate. When that dried I made a line of chocolate and sprinkled silver sugar on it.

PENCIL COOKIES.jpg

Last edited:
Just took from scratch Skillet Cinnamon Rolls out of the oven. House smells great!! Its a yeast dough recipe but very easy. I always hesitated about using yeast but found this recipe a few years ago make them every so often. It is from Americas Test Kitchen.

C7D893BA-AA89-4419-9CBD-192BFB041A8A.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter