What did I just Eat?

There was definitely a tiny bit of ricotta in each wet soggy tortellini.

I still can't wrap my head around the nage (aka: flavorless pasta water). I've seen that liquid in seafood dishes such as with steamed clams and I know it picks up the flavor of the seafood. But who serves pasta in liquid when it is NOT supposed to be a soup? I don't get it. It was awful and if BOG continues with the pre fixed menu then we'll not be eating there again.

The menu description sounds fantastic. The execution sounds abysmal.

It sure does! I saw a VLOG about this and it looked good. What a shame.

I still can't wrap my head around the nage (aka: flavorless pasta water). I've seen that liquid in seafood dishes such as with steamed clams and I know it picks up the flavor of the seafood. But who serves pasta in liquid when it is NOT supposed to be a soup? I don't get it. It was awful and if BOG continues with the pre fixed menu then we'll not be eating there again.

It shoudl have been flavored with the fresh corn and whatever alse was used to flavor the dish. DOen properly I bet it woudl have been flavorful, however it sounds liek it was all cooked separately and then some pasta water was tossed in. Yuck.

Sounds as bad as the dish I ordered at Citrico's. Poached chicken with pureed root vegetables - plus some other adjectives. It was an over boiled chicken breast (horrible) over some white mushed up stuff. I literally could not swallow the chicken it was so dry. I know how to poach chicken and fish - this was AWFUL. Absolutely zero seasoning. Inedible.

There's some decent food at Disney - but it's sort of hit or miss finding it these days.

I just ate the corn tortellini dish at Be Our Guest. Why is it served in the pasta water? It was soggy pasta and a few vegetables in a wet water bowl of water. Is this a thing? I've been vegetarian for 30 years but never had anything like that. I miss the old BOG menu.

Thank you for writing about this dish and your experience. I'm a longtime vegetarian as well and we had booked a BOG dinner for our upcoming Christmas trip before they changed the menu. I had never been able to snag a dinner reservation before and was so excited about finally getting one! Then when I saw the new menu and the vegetarian option, I thought it seemed really iffy, but decided to keep the ADR anyway...but then the bad review threads started coming up, and I decided that for the cost it was a terrible value for us (a family of 3 vegetarians paying OOP), so I reluctantly cancelled. I have been so bummed about it and wondered if canceling was the right decision...so I am so grateful that you've written about your experience because I know definitively that my family and I definitely wouldn't have liked that item. :(

I'm really sorry that your meal was so disappointing. But thank you again for sharing your experience so others can make a more informed decision about whether they want to try this dish. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter