What deck on the Dream?

What deck on the dream? Is deck 2 really that terrible??? Thank you
I don't know that any deck is any worse than another. But, for me, I'd prefer not deck 2 on the Dream class ships. Mostly because it connects to the Enchanted Garden dining room, and seems a bit busier down there.

That said, if that were my only choice, I'd take a room on deck 2.

I have sailed DCL 3 times, once on the Dream and twice on the Fantasy. I have always had a 9B on deck 2. Yes it is the same floor as Enchanted but there are small entrances to the stateroom halls that people headed to Enchanted do not venture down. The porthole in the room is huge and is a favorite sitting place for my daughter. Only 1 deck down to debark and easy to hit the stairs up just one floor when embarking at a port. Pretty simple to get elevators because most everyone exits on deck 3 for the atrium and when it comes on down to deck 2 it is basically empty.

What deck on the dream? Is deck 2 really that terrible??? Thank you
Check out the stateroom reviews of specific deck 2 Dream cabins you are considering, to get an idea of how people who actually stayed there liked it. I'be read a lot of good reviews about deck 2, but have never stayed there myself.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

The Dream has very few bad cabins, from what I can tell from reading reviews.

The porthole in the room is huge and is a favorite sitting place for my daughter.

Can you tell me if the large porthole in the room would let in a lot of light and heat when the sun is at your side of the ship? Also, do the in-room portholes have the curved glass, like the ones lining some of the hallways and restaurants?

Thanks in advance! I've been wondering and keep finding information on magic portholes only when I try to do search on this.

Can you tell me if the large porthole in the room would let in a lot of light and heat when the sun is at your side of the ship? Also, do the in-room portholes have the curved glass, like the ones lining some of the hallways and restaurants?

Thanks in advance! I've been wondering and keep finding information on magic portholes only when I try to do search on this.

Plenty of light coming in and didn't notice any excess heat in the room. The glass is flat.

Have stayed on Deck on ALL the ships at one time or another and I would stay on Deck 2 again for sure....it is actually my go to deck if I am booking an Oceanview. Deck 2 on the Dream and Fantasy is very convenient and not noisy. We were all the way forward on the Dream/Fantasy on Deck 2...I think Cabin 2002 and thereabouts. We had what felt like our own little lobby outside our cabin and we were very near the laundry room which was also very convenient.

MJ

We have stayed on deck 2 of the Dream twice now and really enjoyed the cabins. We thought they were very convenient to the restaurants, atrium and theater as well as getting on and off the ship for ports. We had connecting cabins both times 2020 & 2022 and 2530 & 2532. We never thought it was too busy down there, actually quite the opposite unless you were outside of Enchanted Garden at dinner then there would be a crowd. My son loved checking his pictures on the kiosk down there which hardly ever had anyone near it. The kids loved the large porthole in the cabin. We had bunk beds in both rooms and set up our 4 kids in one cabin with myself and my husband in the other.
a4e53ee9-566a-4365-b69a-4283a2905ca6.jpg

From my most recent experience stay away from deck 8 between mid and aft. We were in an inside room and the vibration (not the same as motion) and noise was awful. So awful that on the second leg of our BTB we had to upgrade our room. We ended up in a forward verandah room on deck 9. It was extremely quiet and a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter