What days to schedule our park days?

tikilyn

DIS Veteran
We are planning a family trip to Disney with extended family from Mexico in May 18th-23rd 2024, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani on points. This trip is a really big deal for them and I really want to make sure they have an excellent time. Of course I'm in need of the Disboards expert advice! For financial reason we are only doing Magic kingdom and Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios (1day park to park ticket).

We arrive on a Saturday and checkout on Thursday. So we'll have Sunday thru Wednesday for our park days with one rest day in-between. Out of 4 days (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed), what is the best day to visit Magic Kingdom? I would like to schedule two park days and then a rest day and finally the last park day.

Option A - Sun- Magic Kingdom, Mon- Hollywood Studios, Tues- rest day, Wed- Universal Studios
Option B - Sun- Hollywood Studios, Mon - Magic Kingdom, Tues - rest day, Wed- Universal studios
Option C - Sun- Universal Studios, Mon - Hollywood Studios, Tues- rest day, Wed Magic Kingdom
Option D - Hollywood Studios, Mon - Universal Studios, Tuesday rest day, Wed Magic Kingdom

Ultimately, my concern are crowds and Extended night hours for MK and DHS. I would think with such a limited trip that Extended night hours would rank higher than crowds but I also know that the parks are so much better with lower crowds. LOL What options would work best for such a short trip?

We are planning a family trip to Disney with extended family from Mexico in May 18th-23rd 2024, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani on points. This trip is a really big deal for them and I really want to make sure they have an excellent time. Of course I'm in need of the Disboards expert advice! For financial reason we are only doing Magic kingdom and Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios (1day park to park ticket).

We arrive on a Saturday and checkout on Thursday. So we'll have Sunday thru Wednesday for our park days with one rest day in-between. Out of 4 days (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed), what is the best day to visit Magic Kingdom? I would like to schedule two park days and then a rest day and finally the last park day.

Option A - Sun- Magic Kingdom, Mon- Hollywood Studios, Tues- rest day, Wed- Universal Studios
Option B - Sun- Hollywood Studios, Mon - Magic Kingdom, Tues - rest day, Wed- Universal studios
Option C - Sun- Universal Studios, Mon - Hollywood Studios, Tues- rest day, Wed Magic Kingdom
Option D - Hollywood Studios, Mon - Universal Studios, Tuesday rest day, Wed Magic Kingdom

Ultimately, my concern are crowds and Extended night hours for MK and DHS. I would think with such a limited trip that Extended night hours would rank higher than crowds but I also know that the parks are so much better with lower crowds. LOL What options would work best for such a short trip?
START your rough draft now.
Then, wait for Park hours to be announced. IF parades and Fierworks are important to you make note of those.
Are you early risers for rope drop or do you rather close the park? Are there any "must do" dining reservations you have to make?
There are SO MANY things to consider but if you put the time in to do a bit of research you can come up with the best plan!!! Have fun and good luck. I love planning the trip almost as much as being there :)

If Magic Kingdom is the most important park for your group, I recommend visiting it on Wednesday. Most blogs, vlogs etc. agree that Magic Kingdom tends to be the least crowded midweek (when it's not party season), and on Wednesdays there is usually extended evening hours. So I vote for either Option C or D.

START your rough draft now.
Then, wait for Park hours to be announced. IF parades and Fierworks are important to you make note of those.
Are you early risers for rope drop or do you rather close the park? Are there any "must do" dining reservations you have to make?
There are SO MANY things to consider but if you put the time in to do a bit of research you can come up with the best plan!!! Have fun and good luck. I love planning the trip almost as much as being there :)
That's what I am doing right now. With hours not out for May, its making it hard to plan. LOL We are planning to do resort early morning entry, so we can get as much park time as possible.

I agree with mid week for MK. Being there at least 30 minutes before rope drop (brutal I know) is important. If you get extra hours, hopefully you can take a break and take the monorail over to Poly and have QS at Capt'n Cook's and relax on their outdoor patio. Getting back to Kidani for a nap would be best but at least 2 hours round trip, however no one will notice if you catch 15 at Poly!

My suggestion is to walk up Main Street and immediately take a left and get over to Pirates or take the shortcut to Fantasy Land. Most people automatically turn right. Don't forget to take lots of breaks, enjoy the detail in the architecture and greenery. Benches are not as common these days (my pet peeve) so grab them when you can...even 5 minutes counts!

Enjoy!

To me this is a no-brainer. Option D.

Of the three parks to go to on a Sunday, I would choose HS. It’s always busy there and that park is generally not affected by the day of the week. Absolutely go to MK on Wednesday and take advantage of evening deluxe hours. I assume you don’t have to get up early the next day because of travel. Monday is a good day for Universal. You’ll be exhausted going full force for two days so the resort day on Tuesday will come at an ideal time and you’ll be recharged for a full day and night at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter