What days are best for July vacation?

DisneyPhilosypher

Earning My Ears
We have off from June 30 - July 8th for a trip to WDW. We can go for 3 days-4 nights. What days do you think would be the best to go? Before or after 4th of July?
Thanks
DisneyPhilosypher

We have been twice in July,once before & during the 4th and once after.GO AFTER!!!!!!

Our best trip was July 6-10(going home the 11th),and the worst(crowd wise)was June 29-July4(going home the 5th).I think everybody came for the 4th and they all left right after(like we did the second trip)so when we went on the 6th,it was awesome!MUCH less crowded than going the week before the 4th,and the 4th itself was mobbed!

We still had a great time when we went June 29-July 4,and I'm sure you will too whenever you go,it was just less crowded and crazy right AFTER the 4th.

We vacation at WDW each year during the July 4th week, and the best days to go are determined by where July 4th falls during the week.

Since this year it falls on a Thursday, you can expect that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be busier than earlier in the week. If the 4th was on a Tuesday, then the weekend before and that Monday and Tuesday would be more crowded.

Many people like to make it a long weekend trip. With that in mind, I would say that your best days would be to go from June 30 - July 4th. You will get your 3-4 nites, and even a taste of the 4th, and leave to go home and relax before work starts again.

Or you can stay the whole week like us!!:D We love being there for July 4th!!:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was popping in here to ask if having July 4th fall on a Thur was going to change anything. We were all set to fly out the 5th and have out first day at MK be the 6th when I realised that the 6th is a SAT!!!
I'm thinking now that we might fly out Mon the 1st have the 2nd be our first day to MK and fly back on the 4th or 5th.
I also checked availibility of flights on Southwest Airlines and they have 3 flights a day on Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun. But 4 flights a day Mon, Tue and Wed. We have stand by type tickets and if the planes are full we will get bumped. Flying out on a Mon feels safer.
What do you all think?

Joy in NM:confused:

We're planning on going to WDW (first Disney vacation as a family) next July. Tentavive dates are the 13th-20th.
Have to wait until school lets out(depending on what kind of winter we have here/how many days the kids have to make up due to snow).........want to avoid the July 4th crowds(especially with this being our first time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter