What Dates in Oct or Dec and Any Camper Rental Tips?

NewCamper

Earning My Ears
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster (and camper).
Last year we were staying at a hotel but visited Fort Wilderness around Halloween and loved all the decorations. We went back at Christmas and it was amazing. We've decided to forgo a hotel this year and rent a camper in either October or December. We need tips from the pros:

When/how early in October do people start decorating?
Are there unofficial trick or treat nights? I read that there's trick or treating on Halloween but we were there earlier in the month and saw people passing out candy.
When/how early do people in December start decorating?
What's the best camper rental place? It looks like many have hidden fees. I'd rather pay up front in an all-inclusive amount.

Thank you in advance. The vibe at that campground was so friendly and laid back. I can't want for the new adventure

The campground books very quickly and is probably fully booked for this October and December. You would be well advised to try to book as soon as possible if you're hoping for this year.

We owned a motor for years and enjoyed many trips to 'The Fort' at Halloween and Christmas. We decorated pretty extravagantly for both holidays but we found Halloween to be more fun. If you plan to take part in Trick-or-Treating be prepared to dole-out to 600 or more children!

We sold the RV a few years ago and have since vacationed twice, for a month each time, in trailers rented from Wilderness Camper Rentals.
We highly recommend them, they were great to deal with. We've booked them again for a month next year!

You can find them here: https://www.wildernesscamperrentals.com/

I hope it works out for you, Fort Wilderness is our favorite Disney resort!

IMO people start the serious decorations 1-2 weeks before Halloween. You might see a few earlier than that of varying degrees but that's my opinion (I've only been to one FW Halloween). For Christmas it seems like right after Thanksgiving you see Christmas stuff going up. But again, closer to the holiday there is more.

On my one Halloween visit, the only resort-wide candy night was on Halloween (and it was a 2-3 hr blur in the 100 loop where we were). I do recall on earlier nights seeing a few tables out at some campsites that were decorated but that was if you happened to walk or ride by while you were looking at decorations - the big event is day of. And the golf cart parade has been day before H but you never know until the Rec calendar comes out at the first of the month.

For 2019 those holidays are probably pretty booked up by now unless you happen to get lucky and check constantly to get a cancellation. 2020 Halloween reservations open in less than a month (remember your ENTIRE reservation must fit inside the booking window) so to do the math means your check-out day to go home is the day to work with.

Bama Ed

In 2014 we were there 2 days after thanksgiving to Dec 14, a lot of xmas decorations around.

We tend to stay away during the Holidays with the crowds and just so much going on at home so I can't comment about the decorations except what I see here and they all look awesome. I can however comment on an RV rental as that is what we have done for the past 3 years, like CDNcruiser we rent from Wilderness Camper Rentals. They are amazing to deal with from the time you contact them until your last day staying in one of their super clean and well stocked campers, they have no hidden fees like you mentioned what you see is what you get. They also have golf carts which makes it nice to. We have used them now numerious times and actually have a reservation with them next month. Take a look you wont be sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter