What date does Christmas start each year?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
I know "Christmas " started 10th November this year-what date has it started the last few years? We are hoping for another vacation in 2025 possibly spanning the start so we get smaller crowds AND Christmas food and decorations!

If what you are hoping for are smaller crowds then the very first week isn't a good idea. There are post from this year of how long food lines were taking because everyone wanted to try the new Xmas offerings.

Usually the Friday of the second weekend in November (November 11 in 2022, November 12 in 2021). But that first holiday weekend is usually pretty busy.

Smaller crowds don't really exist anymore, especially at the beginning of the holiday season! Every influencer on the planet has to be there to tell us how much they love every single food and drink item they try! LOL

From what I have seen and read Disneyland has been pretty darn busy since the 10th! I would just pick what dates work best for you and go in with lots of patience! NO matter when you go, you will have a fantastic time!!!

Usually the Friday of the second weekend in November (November 11 in 2022, November 12 in 2021). But that first holiday weekend is usually pretty busy.
That’s good to know!

I was actually wondering the same thing like the OP (just for 2024)...
(I am trying to avoid the first weekend of Christmastime and thanksgiving week…)

So we assume that next year (2024) Christmas time should start Friday 11/8 … seems pretty early…

Yes, it’s a gamble whether they will start on the 8th or not until the 15th next year. But if they wait until the 15th, they lose sales of holiday merch and holiday food.

They started on November 8 in 2019 and November 9 in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter