What clothes to wear in WDW for October?

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:hyper:
What type of clothing would be suitable for October weather in wdw??

(will help me pack)::MinnieMo

We went to WDW in October 2002 hoping for some hint of "fall" weather. It was still really hot. I would go with summer clothes. Now for the good news-- the parks weren't very crowded and there weren't long waits for the attractions.

I've gone 3 times in October and it was in the 80's, definite shorts weather.

I was there the last week of Oct., 2001 and it was COLD! We never took our sweatshirts off, even during the day. That was unusual- a record-breaking cold snap that lasted the whole week. It will probably be hot, but be prepared in case!

We've gone the first week in November, twice, and both times wore shorts and tshirts the whole time. I would think October would be the same, if now a little warmer. A few days before we leave, I go to www.weather.com to get the forecast, then pack accordingly.

Summer clothes, with provisions for a cold snap(at night):earsboy:

We were there October 6-10, 2002 and it was super hot (80s-low90s). We about DIED at AK (but it was our favorite park anyway), so I'd take shorts, maybe one or two pairs of jeans and that's all. I also wore a strapless black dress for our anniversary dinner and was warm at night, too.

HTH.

I hope it's not too hot (that's why we're going then and not august!)

:eek:

Do you carry a sweater w/ u for air conditioned rides (carry during the daytime??)

We only needed/wanted jackets or sweatshirts a couple of cool or rainy evenings. We were fine without the jackets most nights. In fact, we even went for an quick evening dip in the pool a couple times.

(We were there from about Oct. 6-16?? in 2002). I didn't take any jeans or anything like that. When it gets a bit cool, I usually just need something for my arms.

We were there the 1st weekend of Oct. and wore summer clothes. I'd be prepared with a light jacket and capri pants, though. I don't recall any nights being cool.

We were there the 1rst ten days of Oct. last year! We had a couple of days in the upper 70s/ lower 80's and the rest were mid 80's! The nights were still warm also! We wore shorts the entire time! I would say that a light weight jacket and capris would be the most you would need, if even that! :Pinkbounc

I was there 10/3-10/2003. I think I put on capris once at night. Other than that it was shorts the whole time. I believe it was warmer than usual during that time. Granted, we did not go anywhere "nice" then. The few meals at the parks were counter svc. The rest were back at the condo.

We go the 3rd week of October and usually take mostly summer clothes w/ 1 or 2 pairs of jeans and maybe a sweatshirt. Depending on the weather at home, we just use whatever we wear for the trip down.

When we went the 1st week of December in 2000, it was so hard to pack b/c we had to take winter and summer clothes. It was cool for Florida, (60's) but we thought it was a heat wave! (It was snowing at home). LOL! :p

We were in WDW the 1st week of Oct back in 2000 and we froze. It was colder in Fl than home in NJ. All we had were shorts and we all got colds. Just make sure you pack one pair of pants and a sweatshirt - that would of been nice back in 2000, we didn't need a winter coat, but it was probably about 60 degrees mid-day.

and I wore capris and tshirts each day. I took a sweatjacket to use in the evenings. Jeans were only worn on the plane. I had a long sleeved tshirt as opposed to a sweatshirt. This is lighter in the luggage, and more appropriate for Oct.

I agree with all that it is usually warm enough for shorts during the day and have a sweatshirt handy at night......but.....if you are doing MNSSHP and you plan on riding Splash Mtn. then I would definitely bring a cheap throw away poncho from home...it has always been chilly enough at night for us to wear a long sleeve t-shirt and getting wet is downright uncomfortable during October!

.....and it was chilly w/ the breeze before.. i guess at night I should bring a sweater w/ me (thin one to tie around waist) and maybe i should bring it in the backback to the parks during the daytime because of COLD air conditioning...
Thanks!
:cheer2: :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter