What car services do you DVCers

Compared to UBER it's pricey....they even have a limit on the number of bags allowed so we'd end up paying extra. We don't typically overpack but sometimes we have 1 extra bag that we check full of beer / booze / food - Uber doesn't charge extra for bags (you just order the appropriate size car to hold your bags). Uber is a fraction of the price and they pick you up right outside and drop you at your resort doorstep in record time. I don't see any extra value in a car service that costs 3x the price. But go for it my friend!!
that is like saying compared to a smart car and Buick is pricey.

I have stop using UBER at Disney because the service is so bad.

Lyft SUV at 80 bucks plus tip have been my MO lately.

However, the added service and level of comfort you get from a car service, TO me, maybe be worth 135 each way,

That is pretty much the going rate.

If you want pricey call Boston coach,

They would be double, but the standards and the service would be double….

We did Uber last week. We had four of us plus four big bags so got Uber Black (suburban). It was $88 plus tip to BRV. The guy gave us his card to call him if we wanted a ride back. We thought, why not, and just called him direct. I didn’t think much of it as he was 5stars with Uber and had been doing it for years. Well I should have gotten the price up front as he charged $125 for the ride back. I am not familiar with Uber enough to understand surge pricing but definitely felt taken advantage of since he wasn’t splitting the fair with Uber. Live and learn.

We did Uber last week. We had four of us plus four big bags so got Uber Black (suburban). It was $88 plus tip to BRV. The guy gave us his card to call him if we wanted a ride back. We thought, why not, and just called him direct. I didn’t think much of it as he was 5stars with Uber and had been doing it for years. Well I should have gotten the price up front as he charged $125 for the ride back. I am not familiar with Uber enough to understand surge pricing but definitely felt taken advantage of since he wasn’t splitting the fair with Uber. Live and learn.
Ouch. I'm with you I would have figure it would be about the same or a little lower as all of the money wound up in his pocket.

$37 more not including tip and I'm sure he didn't code as travel missing out on points and UBER credits if you were using AMEX Gold or Platinum.

Thanks for passing on this important lesson to check with them after receiving their card!

One thing I did like about Uber was that is you schedule in advance (up to 90 days) they had your rate set and would follow your flight for delays to adjust pickup time. Our plain was 30 minutes late then baggage was exceptionally slow coming out. We did not get any waiting time added to our cost.

Mears, drivers did the same thing,
Could not get him to give me a price.

UBER driver tried the same thing, during a less than stellar experience. Same story would not quote a price….

Have not have that experience with Lyft

For those who use Uber or Lyft, where do you meet the car at MCO?
With JetBlue it was to the left out side of baggage claim…..

I can’t remember where it was in the main terminal, may have been parking lot close to the baggage door?

That was an advantage of a car service where the driver meet you in baggage claim

Compared to UBER it's pricey....they even have a limit on the number of bags allowed so we'd end up paying extra. We don't typically overpack but sometimes we have 1 extra bag that we check full of beer / booze / food - Uber doesn't charge extra for bags (you just order the appropriate size car to hold your bags). Uber is a fraction of the price and they pick you up right outside and drop you at your resort doorstep in record time. I don't see any extra value in a car service that costs 3x the price. But go for it my friend!!
I agree that these car services are WAY overpriced.

I just looked on my credit card's travel site - they have a SUV rental car for 7 days for $283. That's roughly same price as Tiffany for a SUV round trip (with tip) - for a single drive there and back vs. a car you can use whenever you want all week.

I agree that these car services are WAY overpriced.

I just looked on my credit card's travel site - they have a SUV rental car for 7 days for $283. That's roughly same price as Tiffany for a SUV round trip (with tip) - for a single drive there and back vs. a car you can use whenever you want all week.
Would also recommend checking if you can use your employer's corporate rate for personal travel. I was able to use mine and booked for $277 for 8 days, and since I have status thru my credit card, have access to the executive aisle with National. Last time I got a Lexus suv for the standard size rate.

Uber/Lyft are great if you have a small group and don't need car seats or a grocery stop, etc. A bigger group with all their luggage is pushing it even in Uber XL(SUV). I'm sure some people travel light and can make it work with 4 or 5 people, but it's not an option for many families.

If it's just DW and me and it's simple, it's rideshare every time. Other times a service is the best choice if we don't want to ride a bus with 70 other people. We don't like renting cars at WDW, especially now at the inflated prices

Have used Tiffany many times pre-Tragical Express but used them in June this past year and they seemed rushed and angry at us for delayed planes. It seemed like they double booked or at least timing was really messed up by the flights.

Uber/Lyft are great if you have a small group and don't need car seats or a grocery stop, etc. A bigger group with all their luggage is pushing it even in Uber XL(SUV). I'm sure some people travel light and can make it work with 4 or 5 people, but it's not an option for many families.

If it's just DW and me and it's simple, it's rideshare every time. Other times a service is the best choice if we don't want to ride a bus with 70 other people. We don't like renting cars at WDW, especially now at the inflated prices
I completely agree that a rideshare is a viable option for small groups with no little kids.

And based on current pricing, a large rental car for big groups, for a week or less, is similar cost to a shuttle service. And you can add a toddler car seat/booster seat for fairly cheap.

So IMO, these shuttle services are not a good viable option compared to a rideshare OR a rental car.

The only reasons that I can think of that a shuttle service makes economic sense is if you have a big group, so a Uber/Lyft won't work, AND are staying (and not leaving WDW) for an extended amount of time (i.e. >than 10 days or so), so a rental car's charge days would add up too much.

Or maybe are someone who doesn't feel comfortable driving to/around WDW (which probably doesn't really apply to many DVC members).

In other words, using Tiffany's makes no sense most of the time...

In the past, we’ve frequently driven, and when we’ve flown we’ve rented a car. But now that we’re older and find dragging even carryons down and across to the rental car garage and up to the pickup location to be an aggravation, the idea of having someone meet us at baggage claim, help with luggage, and do the driving to grocery and then to resort is becoming more appealing. What’s “not worth it” to some is “worth it” to others.

I completely agree that a rideshare is a viable option for small groups with no little kids.

And based on current pricing, a large rental car for big groups, for a week or less, is similar cost to a shuttle service. And you can add a toddler car seat/booster seat for fairly cheap.

So IMO, these shuttle services are not a good viable option compared to a rideshare OR a rental car.

The only reasons that I can think of that a shuttle service makes economic sense is if you have a big group, so a Uber/Lyft won't work, AND are staying (and not leaving WDW) for an extended amount of time (i.e. >than 10 days or so), so a rental car's charge days would add up too much.

Or maybe are someone who doesn't feel comfortable driving to/around WDW (which probably doesn't really apply to many DVC members).

In other words, using Tiffany's makes no sense most of the time...
Where are you getting a large rental car (7 seat SUV or van) for $250 or less for a week? Tiffany is 215+ tip round trip for a mini van with car seat for our group of 5. If it’s really possible to come close to that price I agree, it would be hard to argue against a rental vs a car service. But I don’t think it is.

We used Tiffany in November and ended up waiting over 20 minutes for them to show up at the airport. The whole reason I used a car service was so I would have someone waiting and be able to go right then. Uber would have been quicker. I’ll use Uber or Lyft in the future. Tiffany wasn’t worth the extra money.

I used Away We Go Transportation for my group of 9 recently and could not be happier with their service. Driver's communication via text excellent, vans like new etc. Would definitely use them again for a large group.

We uber if it's just the 4 of us.

What’s “not worth it” to some is “worth it” to others
I couldn't agree more. We don't need a rental car as we have groceries delivered and stay in the bubble. However we always rent a car which IMO is not worth it but it helps SO with anxiety of not missing dining reservations, and getting to the airport when we want. Usually we can get a full size car from Hertz using our corporate discount for about $200 + taxes. We never get that full size car though as we fly Southwest and since bags fly free we end up with a Mini Van for about $310+ taxes for a week lol.

We used Tony Hinds Transportation last year, professional and friendly.
Complimentary grocery stop added bonus,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter