• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can't you get at a TS location on DDP?

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
We will be going to WDW this summer again, but will be first-timers on the DDP. We have the middle level plan. How do you know what isn't included? I know that you get the drink, meal and dessert----and that extra sides like the Mac and Cheese at Homecoming isn't included. But are there ever any instances that in the list of entrees there are select ones which aren't an option? How do you know before sitting down somewhere this is the case?

I've only read that beverages above a certain price (or those in souvenir cups) are usually not included, i.e.: a glass of wine that costs 9-12 bucks is included but one that costs 16 may not be.
I do not know if this rule applies to food, but since I've never read anything about it (and I'm pretty thorough), I don't think that's the case.

I'm also planning on letting my waiter/waitress know that I'll be using the credits to pay, so I'm assuming I'll receive proper advice at that moment (before ordering).

I've only done the deluxe dining plan yet cannot think of any food items specifically denied to DP guests. Whenever you see terms like "shareable" or an entree is listed for 2,3, or 4 people means each person will be charged one or two TS credits depending on the restaurant's designation on the plan.
You will certainly see the term enhancement on some menus which means it's an extra cost for both guests on and off the dining plan.

Souvenir glasses are definitely excluded, though most CMs have been happy to bring us whatever drink came in said glass in a regular cup. We were never really denied any of the drinks on our last trip as far as alcohol goes. The servers do ask if you are using the dining plan right away so they will give appropriate ordering advice if needed.

In general, all beverages (minus souvenir cups), entrees, and desserts labeled for one are included in the dining plan. The number of exceptions are pretty small, and typically are found at signature restaurants for entrees that have exceptionally high-cost components (e.g., wagyu beef) or at places that offer some sort of combination platters (e.g. Marrakesh feasts). Those cases offer a DDP credit + upcharge option.

Items listed separately as side dishes are never included in dining plan entitlements.

Items listed for two (or in some cases, for four), may be eligible if that many diners pool their entitlements toward that item. This is at the discretion of the restaurant, but it never hurts to ask.

Locations that have a fixed price menu typically do so specifically for the benefit of the DDP user, and those menus can be ordered from with your dining plan credit

Last edited:
Some of the signature restaurants have add ons like lobster tail etc that isn’t included. When you pull up a menu it will tell you. Coral reef I know has a section of “enhancements” that is says aren’t included. Also I know Chefs de France is an odd one where you can do a prix fix with dining plan and in that case you can choose one of three appetizers as well as one of the prix fix included entrees and a dessert.

For counter service, it is just a drink and the meal. If you’re using your credit at the hotel and have your refillable mug, you may not need a drink. In that case typically you are able to get a dessert with your meal instead of a drink.

Your DDP won’t include any appetizers, salads, soups, sides, or specialty drinks. It is highly restrictive. If you want a vegetarian or chicken dish you are paying the same price or more than the most expensive items on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter