What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Germany has a candy shop- they sell white chocolate Toblerones! YUM! They only have milk chocolate that I've seen here.

I've seen the white Toblerones at Target closer to Christmas. Have a look! :thumbsup2

Only read the first couple of pages, I know the curly whirly was mentioned. My husband LOVES them. And my daughter always has to get the mint Aero bars in the UK.

I haven't read even half of the pages yet myself but the Curly Whiry is as close as you can get to the old Marathon bar. I LOVED that thing!!!! I remmeber many trips to the corner drug store to buy one. :lovestruc I had been importing some candy from the UK (OMG, CINDER TOFFEE RULES, and now I know the US equivalent) but I think I'll pick some up this time. Cool thread!

I fell in love with Lion bars when I backpacked throughout Europe. I look forward to my Lion Bar in the UK pavillion (fromt he tea shop) everytime we go to WDW! I'm not a big chocolate person but these are one chocolate bar that I absolutely adore!

Hersheys Co makes Cadbury's in the US and it is a poor substitute for the UK Cadbury's. You have to read the back of a wrapper to find out who makes it - take the challenge! I love the candy and cadbury's from UK!
I think they changed the recipe of something it tastes like dog chocolate when made over here LOL (please don't ask how I know how dog chocolate tastes:rotfl:)
I like the new caramel store in Germany too - the fresh bakery items that is - OMG that caramel is SO good (and so is a Cadbury's caramel for that matter LOL!)

The Candy is Italy is to die for, I bought some in May and ate ALL of it when I got home, its rich and smooth. :p I saved the wrappers from them, but cannot seem to buy it anywhere! :confused3

Have you tried calling the Italy pavilion? DD loved a particular candy from Japan and WDW merchandise gave me the number to the Japan pavilion and I was able to order it through them.

When I went in March I went on a Candy Scavenger hunt & bought diff candy from each country!!

In Japan they had this cotten candy that popped in your mouth, sort of like pop rocks! It was good!!

Then I got a flake candy bar.. so good.. but it had been in my bag all day and got sort of crumbly so when I ate it in bed (hey I was on vacation..) It was sort of messy.

I also saw tequila filled chocolate in Mexico but didn't get it. Instead I got some suckers dipped in hot pepper type. Not good. lol :)

For me: Curly Wurly........mmmmm what a treat! I also must say I loved the caramel shop in Germany, but quite disappointed that the Toblerones were gone. My ds and I loved the bag with the mixed flavors.

DS: He loves the kit kats in the English shop. He says they are so much better and my dh agrees.

Please don't make me go back in this 6 yo thread to figure out where in the World (showcase) I can find curly whirlies?

TIA!

Carmel and carmel corn from Germany. On our last trip, we went to Germany three seperate days for the carmel and carmel corn. The first day we got a little bag of cc and a piece of carmel. Shared the carmel with my DH and DS5. Then time, got a large bag of cc and another piece of carmel. Shared a little of my carmel with the boys. Last time around -a large bag of cc and a piece of carmel all for myself. After our trip, I made home made carmel corn - not the same, but pretty darn good.

Enjoy!

Just to answer some questions, from my understanding from my friend in Ireland, the reason Cadbury tastes different is because its tempered at a much lower heat. America does it at a higher temp in order to pasturize.

An Italian "Kiss"-Baci from Italy. You can get them pretty much anywhere but I always get just one for me and one for DD6 (her name is Italia). We love the "Love Fortune" in every one.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter