What Can You Tell Me About Wyndam Cypress Palms?

JessiMommy

DIS Veteran
My family ALWAYS stays onsite at WDW but with our 2 favorite resorts still closed and 2 recent “meh” stays at Pop we are considering offsite for our late May trip. I can get a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Cypress Palms for almost half of what Pop Century is going for. What’s the catch? Will I be sorry leaving the Disney bubble? Anyone have experience at Cypress Palms? Thanks for any advice.

My family ALWAYS stays onsite at WDW but with our 2 favorite resorts still closed and 2 recent “meh” stays at Pop we are considering offsite for our late May trip. I can get a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Cypress Palms for almost half of what Pop Century is going for. What’s the catch? Will I be sorry leaving the Disney bubble? Anyone have experience at Cypress Palms? Thanks for any advice.

We've stayed there 3 times in the past, the most recent being December, 2019. Great place, nicely appointed units, fun main pool area, fresh cookies and popcorn in the lobby, an Aldi grocery store and Dollar Tree just across the street. No complaints at all. Be sure to firmly refuse the request for a meeting/free breakfast from timeshare sharks when picking up your "parking pass". We would stay there again without hesitation. We are a family of 5-6 (depending on whether we're all on vacation together), so we always stay offsite because we refuse to pay big bucks for 2 rooms, even at POP. Not sure if you will miss the Disney bubble, but we certainly do not.

Last edited:
I have stayed there many times. I only stay offsite and this is the best for the price. 4 or 5 restaurants within walking distance. You'll have a great time.

We love Cypress Palms and have stayed there dozens of times. We love the units and the level of upkeep. The two pools are nice and there are lots of unique and chain restaurants nearby. Don’t miss King o Falafel If you like a good gyro.

Some things to keep in mind:
They have some dedicated two bedrooms, but most are a combo of a one bedroom deluxe with a smaller one bedroom attached. Avoid these if you need to keep young kids corralled.

There are only a few elevators that can be long walks from certain rooms. Parking can be tight and you may have a bit of a walk if arriving back late.
Parking lot is not secured so don’t leave valuables in the car.
Traffic can be heavy on 192. We take 535 which can also be a nightmare. Check your cell phone maps for quickest drive times in real time.

Look for the “hot now” sign on Krispy Kreme donuts nearby to light up for a real treat. Twistee treat is fairly close for ice cream. It is near the Publix on 535.

Don’t let them sucker you into the timeshare shakedown unless you will give a firm no. They tried to force us to fill out a credit application in order to get the gift they promised. It took a three hour fight and threats to go to the attorney general to get out of there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter