What can you tell me about OKW?

Mlissa88

A little song...a little dance... a little seltzer
Can anyone tell me about their experiences at OKW? I've tried the search function but it doesn't seem to be working...

I'm going with my family. I can't wait!

Well, I can tell you that you'll love it!

It is unlike the other Disney resorts in that you don't have that "hotel" feel. You feel like you're staying in a quaint townhouse community. All the buildings are pastel colored, with hidden mickeys in almost all the handrails. The rooms are much more spacious than the other Disney resorts. Last year, we stayed in a studio and the bathroom was bigger than the one in my own home!

If you have kids, they'll probably enjoy all the little creatures that pop up around the place, like bunnies and frogs.

The main pool is gorgeous. When we were there, they had a DJ set up right on the deck of the pool playing tunes by the Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, and other "tropical"-type music. They have an excercise room also, but we didn't use it.

The restaurant is called "Olivia's" and we ate a few meals there during our stay. We were very pleased with the meals, and we enjoyed looking at all the family photos of DVC members that they have posted on the walls.

If you'd like a yummy drink, they have a small, quaint bar called The Gurgling Suitcase. It's small but we always found two seats. You can also get a sandwich or light meal when you're there.

This year, we got a great deal for the Polynesian. However, if we hadn't come across this deal, we would have definitely stayed at OKW again!

Thank you both for the great info! I'm looking forward to the trip and any other comments you guys can post!

In the afternoon take the boat ride to DTD. It leaves from behind the HH, and unlike POR (at least when I was there), a time schedule is posted. Nice big comfy seats, scenic, enjoyable ride.

You will love the OKW atmosphere. I never thought I would prefer a laid-back, out-of-the-way resort, after staying in the likes of Poly and YC--BUT I DO!!! It is Disney's top-of-the-line vacation club and is the flagship timeshare resort. Its rooms are huge, as stated in the other posts, and the layout of rooms and resort is so well thought-out. After a long, hot day in the parks coming home to the OKW is the perfect panacea for a relaxing vacation. Have fun...wish I could go too!
Love, Wilma:wave:

You guys are getting me psyched to go! I can't wait. I wasn't sure about how I'd feel about being at a resort other than the ones I'm used to. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I can't wait now!

Get a rental car, it is much easier when staying at OKW to have a car. Have a good trip.

Thank you so much for posting them! I'm really excited now! The rooms look very "roomy" and cute!

I cant wait! Thanks again. I'll write a trip report when I come back.

Have a great time on your trip Dave! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter