• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

What can you tell me about CM discounts on resorts?

Liz

Make a miracle!
We are leaving in a month and have our resort almost paid in full. The other family who is going with us knows a lady who just moved here from Florida where she was a CM. When she found out we were going she said she knows somebody who could get us 50% off our resort. She didn't say how but the only thing I figure is its gotta be a CM discount.

So does anyone know if a CM discount can be applied to an existing reservation? Are there any restrictions (like can they be for value resorts, can they get the discount on two rooms, etc)

I'm a little nervous about relying on a stranger for our ressies but if they could save us some money that would be great. We already have an AP discount so the savings aren't huge but 50% off 8 nights for two rooms would be good.

Thanks!

I thought the CM's name had to be on the reservation...or maybe they just have to check you in....but it is 50%.

it has to be family and there has to be room availablity for the CM discount for 40% off rack rate.(currently is what Im told from a CM)

It all depends if they have any CM rate available rooms. They can't just apply to your reservation.

A cast member friend booked our rooms at a 40% off rate for late May. We had already booked when we spoke to her to tell her we were coming, so she checked to see if anything was open and then booked it for us and cancelled our other reservation. We had paid for the first room and she just switched our payment to the second reservation! We are staying at a moderate resort, but she also quoted us prices for others too...I think it is just whatever is still open. We received our new confirmation number and letter about a week later. You can also check online with the new reservation number they give you to make sure everthing is ok. Hope this info helps! :flower:

CM rates are 50% off rack rate if the CM is staying at the resort. For friends and family, when the CM is not staying on property, its 40% off rack rates. CM must fax their ID and letter of authorization to get these rates for if they don't, your reservations default back to rack rate.

CM rates are based on allotted room availability for CM discounts which are limited based on season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter