What can I do in the Star Wars area after having neck surgery? I know I cannot do anything real jerky or that will throw me. Suggestions?

grammy57

Earning My Ears
What can I do in the Star Wars area after having neck surgery? I know I cannot do anything real jerky or that will throw me. Suggestions?

Any rides at all in Hollywood Studios? Would it be worth even going?

You can do Mickeys Runaway Railway. That's probably it. I wouldn't even do Toy Story Midway Mania after a recent neck surgery.

I would skip DHS, personally.

Yes, I'd rather go to any other one but my son is taking our grandson and that was the grandson's pick because of Star Wars.
Right, I was going to say that Star Wars or Toy Story fans will find even a rideless DHS worthwhile because of walking through the lands and all the details. Galaxy's Edge really feels like a different place. The more you know, the more you'll recognize and enjoy all the architecture, decor, props, and the rest of all the set design.

Yes, I'd rather go to any other one but my son is taking our grandson and that was the grandson's pick because of Star Wars.
You might already know this, but you can walk through any of the lines with your family, to enjoy the theming as well as being together, and then exit the ride at the loading dock. If your family is using the LL, you'll have to have a LL entitlement for that ride too - not so much a concern when using a Genie+ LL, but you might not want to pay for an Individual LL.

You might already know this, but you can walk through any of the lines with your family, to enjoy the theming as well as being together, and then exit the ride at the loading dock. If your family is using the LL, you'll have to have a LL entitlement for that ride too - not so much a concern when using a Genie+ LL, but you might not want to pay for an Individual LL.
What is LL?

What is LL?
Lightning Lanes - what used to be Fast Pass lanes, where you bypass the standby lanes. Some are accessed by paying $15/day per person for Genie+, which covers several attractions, and others are purchased as Individual Lightning Lanes, which cost varying amounts.

I would only do the shows. Let them go on the rides.
MMRR might be ok, but it still stops and starts and spins.
Then go and enjoy a drink at Oga's and Baseline Tap House.

Thanks. I don't drink but I could find something else

I agree with skipping MMRR. There's a section that is rather jerky in my opinion. I don't want to spoil which part in case someone is avoiding spoilers for the ride.

You can do Mickeys Runaway Railway. That's probably it. I wouldn't even do Toy Story Midway Mania after a recent neck surgery.

I would skip DHS, personally.
I would definitely avoid MMRR. We thought it was okay, but parts of it were definitely jerky for us.

you can totally look at the land and be immersed, but the only rides you’d be able to do would be MMRR and muppet vision 3D. But I’d even be careful with MMRR. You can do the Beauty and the Beast show as well. There are also all those little movie shorts and one mans dream area (is it still called that?). Maybe see if you can get an Oga’s reservation for yourself while they are riding rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter