What can anyone tell me about HH??

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
I just booked a one bedroom at HH for the first time.. Was wondering what anyone can tell me about it.. Where I should request to stay etc??

Not even sure what aiport I need to fly into yet or how far the drive is etc..

Can anyone share pictures tooo?? Thanks,,,

HH is a lovely resort - when are you going? I don't remember the location of the one bedrooms - there may be some in the Main Lodge and some in the scattered buildings as well. There really isn't a bad location as far as I'm concerned - only a differnece in what you're closer to. If you want maximum relaxation, it may be best to be away from the pool area directly.

There is a great pool and a recreation area at the resort, as well as a snack bar and a place for children's activities. The beach house is about a mile away - you can walk, ride a bicycle, drive your own car, or take a shuttle provided by DVC. It's not any trouble to get to the beach house, in my opinion. Some people have an issue with the proerty not being directly on the beach. I prefer it, since that way you get the beach access and the experience of being on the marsh, which is beautiful and quiet, when you are in your villa.

We love HH - unfortunately we can't go this summer, but are looking forward to making next year's plans soon!!

I think HH has a small airport, but I know some people fly into Savannah, which is about a 45 minute drive. If you rent a car in Savannah, you can do some day trips as well as relax at the resort.

Have a great trip!!!

Personal opinion only disclaimer; I voted for it being my least favorite in ther other thread. As others have said too far away from the beach to be considered a beach resort. The resort is aged but up keep is fine. I liked the pool, the dolphin sight seeing (although expensive), and the layout. I did not like the furnishings in the rooms and the couch and chair were very uncomfortable to me. My wife did not like the "Marsh" smell but while I could detect it, it didn't bother me or anyone else in the family. The area appears to be full of very rich people. I don't really notice or pay attention to such things, but my wife felt that too many of the folks that we came across outside the resort put on aires of being rich. I'm still not sure why she felt like that (maybe all the million dollar homes) but there it is. We enjoy a resort "on" the beach so Myrtle Beach is probably a better choice for us which means I sold my HH points earlier this year.

Y-ASK

I am thinking about picking up some points at HHI. In all honesty, I'm considering either DVC or MVC (Marriott's Vacation Club) but haven't decided yet. The whole purpose of this "add-on" is to give my wife and her mom a place to "get-away" every year. Would you recommend Disney's HHI resort as a great "get-away" location on Hilton Head Island? I'm not really even sure where it is located on the island. I have a map of the MVC locations and I would be curious to see where DVC's location is. Anyone own MVC on Hilton Head? What are your thoughts about MVC?

What does "bumping" mean? :confused:

Adding a post to a discussion thread will "bump" it to the top of the active thread list when you view the board, as well as bold the thread title and thereby mark it as having new content. On a board with lots of posts, like this one, a thread can get buried pretty quickly. "Bumping" is a method to prevent that from happening.

How bout some photos of HH?

Click here- http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0IZuGTRuxasXjw

The last few are of a Grand Villa.

Make sure you get the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport. Get a rental car and it is indeed about a 45 minute drive to the resort. When you get on the island, stay on 278....don't take the cross island cuttoff. When you see the Shelter Cove Mall, look for the next light, take a right and look for the signs.

Come on over to Savannah and spend those tourist dollars!

If you have questions about Savannah, drop me a note.

The DVC resort is located on it's own island within Broad Creek - the inland waterway that bisects Hilton Head from the May River. It is a tidal creek that rises and falls with the tides. There are large oyster beds in the creek, in the summer months the weekly fireworks are launched from a barge anchored behind the DVC resort in the creek/marsh.

There is also a Beach House, located on the Atlantic, about 1 mile from the resort and a free shuttle is provided for access - or you can walk, ride a bike or drive yourself to that facility. There is a pool there (in addition to another at the reosrt itself), pool bar and snack bar - as well as a wonderful ,(and recently restored) wide beach with a very gentle drop off extending into the ocean. There is no onsite restaurant (there is a snack bar at the resort pool too), but there are four full service restaurants and two cafes within 400 yards of the resort at Shelter Cove Harbor - home to a number of boutique shoppes, restaurants as well as the already mentioned restaurants. The resort and Shelter Cove are in the Palmetto Dunes plantation area at Hilton Head - centrally located on Hilton Head Island.

There are a total of 21 1BR villas (all lock-off) with 16 located in the Live Oak Lodge area (buildings 11/12) and the other 5 located beneath each of the GVs at the resort in buildings 16,18,19,28 and 30.
The 1BRs in the lodge area will have creek/marsh views and the other 5 will have either creek or wooded views. Rather than request a specific room, I'd suggest asking for a view - either creek or woods (most will have the creek view anyway).

While there are a few buildings overlooking the pool, none of those buildings have any 1BR villas.

The resort staff is great and there are many good programs for all ages - including adults.

From our villa over the years, we have enjoyed watching dolphin, sea otter, manatee, osprey, pileated woodpeckers and a wide variety of shore and water birds right in the creek behind the resort. The dolphins wiil often "fish" in the creek at tide changes where they will work as a group and drive schools of fish into the shallow areas and then rush in behind to dine - very entertaining.

Have a great trip! :)

Something that doesn't get mentioned here much, it may be a little known fact, :confused3 but there is a children's museum at HH. You could ask at the front desk. Might be fun for your adorable children.

HH is a great get away from it all. We enjoy going there. One thing to consider is, if you are in a 1-bdrm under a grand villa, your neighbors may be a bit noisy. On our last visit we had a minor issue with the noise from above.

I think HH offers a lot of variety for things to do, for folks of all ages.

When will you and your family be there?

Oh my gosh thanks to all of you.. For sharing your wonderful experiences with me..

We are going in June to a one bedroom.. WOW!!! I love the pictures.... thanks soo much...

I really am excited to go now.. Any special requests I should make for room view, etc.. Thanks,,,,,Your all soo very kind!!!!!!!!

Here's the view from our favorite 1 BR, #1132:

6-25-2006-001.jpg

We like being in the main lodge the best. I've seen dophins come into the little inlet there next to the main lodge. Also, I love going down to Big Murgie's Den for a little while every day, just to read the paper and "soak up some ambiance". Oh, and if there are some home-made cookies there, that's a plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter