What book changed your life?

I’ve read so many as I love to read - I can’t say they changed my life - I will say the love of reading changed my life - I can’t stand not having a book to read - at times I will read about just about anything so I can read - my favorites are history and biography’s - famous people - not just movie and music stars - history - Kings & Queens etc - murder mystery from real life - fictional history / I love to read !!! Read to my kids every night ! It’s a beautiful thing ❤️

Since you like these types of books, are there any others you can recommend?
I really liked Scott Weilland's (lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet revolver) memoir "not dead and not for sale"
About his drug use, how he took responsibility for it despite having a tough upbringing.
Sadly no redemption here - he OD'd. But it's a riveting book.

Also: "How I lost my son to Guns n Roses" by that band's drummer mom.
Very well written for someone who is not a writer (that I know of)

Another one: "Slash" by himself. Also about heavy alcohol and drug use but at the end he did recover and was clean and sober. Also very well written. Not sure how he's doing now.

I like reading band members' memories/biographies from my teenage years. Makes the reading more familiar as I grew up idolizing rock bands and some of their members. Same with scientists and writers I like.
I love reading memoirs and biographies.

I really liked Scott Weilland's (lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet revolver) memoir "not dead and not for sale"
About his drug use, how he took responsibility for it despite having a tough upbringing.
Sadly no redemption here - he OD'd. But it's a riveting book.

Also: "How I lost my son to Guns n Roses" by that band's drummer mom.
Very well written for someone who is not a writer (that I know of)

Another one: "Slash" by himself. Also about heavy alcohol and drug use but at the end he did recover and was clean and sober. Also very well written. Not sure how he's doing now.

I like reading band members' memories/biographies from my teenage years. Makes the reading more familiar as I grew up idolizing rock bands and some of their members. Same with scientists and writers I like.
I love reading memoirs and biographies.
Have you read Keith Richards's Life? I thought that was fascinating.

Books and movies have brought great entertainment to me, but never had either change my life.
wow.....this is shocking....there is not one movie that if you only to choose one movie to watch the rest of your life? I would think that some type of movie like Network would be in your gut.....not neccesarily thinking that Network was good, but just because of your field of employment and the thousands of perspectives you have encountered.

wow.....this is shocking....there is not one movie that if you only to choose one movie to watch the rest of your life? I would think that some type of movie like Network would be in your gut.....not neccesarily thinking that Network was good, but just because of your field of employment and the thousands of perspectives you have encountered.
There is a difference between changing my life and watching a movie the rest of my life. I could watch Animal House, or Airplane, or Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein the rest of my life, but it wouldn't change my life, it would entertain me.
I did not care for Network. Someone's pipe dream of what TV News was like. Now, Broadcast News, that's different. But it didn't change my life, because if portray my work life. It was an accurate portrayal.

The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield. That book hooked me and got me into reading Wayne Dyer, Elkhart Tolle, and so on. I have never agreed with all of the opinions these people have but these got me into thinking about where I came from and made me more comfortable with who I am.

I’m an avid reader but no single book has changed my life. Like a pp said I have been educated, enlightened and entertained.
I’ve been moved to tears and furious bouts of laughter and everything in between by the books I’ve read but I can’t think of a single one that has had a life changing effect on me.

Tom Brokaw's The Greatest Generation. I won't say it changed my life, but it is a must read IMO.

As a Christian, Radical, by David Platt may change your perspective on how you live.

depends on which movie version you saw....I read the book first and thought the book was better than the second movie which was the only one I viewed

The second being the one directed by Angelina Jolie? I loved that movie
Do you remember if the book is well written?
I ask because there are so many great stories like Zamperini's but sometimes it's the wrong writer telling them... if a book doesn't capture me early by the quality of writing I struggle to finish it or sometimes just give up.

Gift of Life. The story of Henri Landwirth who started Give Kids the World is an incredible story.
I read it this past Christmas and have since purchased 10 copies from Give Kids the World online store to gift.

Untamed by Glennon Doyle. So profound and eye opening. It helped me find my voice again and be unapologetic for who I am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter