What assumptions do people make about you that are wrong?

People think I'm a snob because I don't go out of my way to talk a lot. Actually I'm just a quiet person by nature. It's annoying at times.

That I look mean. Just because I don't walk around all day with a stupid smile on my face doesn't make me mean.

They assume I'm smart because I'm at college. I'm not. I'm just good at following assessment criteria :thumbsup2

They also assume I like my job because I'm chirpy whilst I'm there :lmao:

People think I'm a snob because I don't go out of my way to talk a lot. Actually I'm just a quiet person by nature. It's annoying at times.

Same here.

They assume I'm a snob but trust me I am not. I don't know why I guess I can come off that way but I'm naturally reserved.

people assume i'm not white trash. once they get to know me, that assumption is dispelled.

"They" assume because I am from the south I am not smart. Also, by the same group of people, because my husband is a doctor we are rich. "They" are off the mark on both.

A lot of people assume that I am a vegetarian because I'm fairly thin (5'7", 26 inch waist...I guess that's thin?) and have a more bohemian/artsy style. This is wrong; I love meat, haha. A lot of people also assume that I'm angry because my neutral face isn't very kind looking apparently.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hears "You're going to Disney again? It must be nice to be rich."

People assume I'm a snob because I'm quiet, and people have also assumed I'm loose if you know what I mean;) I really don't understand that one, I dress rather modestly and I'm just not a flirty person.

That I am "sweet." It is the #1 word used to describe me by people who don't really know me very well. That's just because I'm pretty quiet and use decent manners IRL.

DH is always telling them "No, she's not. She's really not. Once you get to know her, you'll see!" :lmao:

Someone asked me once if it bothered me that he said that and I said, "No. It's super-nice of Amy to say that, but, honestly, I really don't think I am all that sweet." This was taken as even more evidence that I was. :rotfl:

I'm not going to come out and say "They're dead wrong and my husband is right - I'm not sweet," because that would be rude on top of rude. But they are and I'm not and that's that. :)

That just because I have a healthy marriage and successful kids it somehow means I never struggled and got lucky somehow. Nobody really knows how much effort I have put in to make a good life and raise good kids. It doesn't 'just happen', I have worked hard for it.

They assume that I am a walking information booth that can answer all their questions. I can be standing in a crowd people and they'll zero in on me every time.

Ditto

Also ditto to minnieandme ... I look mean too.

People assume that I'm sweet. I think maybe it's because I'm petite. The truth is that I work in a field that often requires me to be really tough. I like to say that I don't particularly want to be a b***h, but whenever it's called for, I do like to be the best one I can be.

I try to make the fact that people often underestimate my toughness work for me. It gives me the upper hand until they get to know me better or someone else clues them in.

You need to do your kegels ;)

That was pretty funny:rotfl: When I was thinking of where some people's minds might go with that statement, I could have never imagined that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter