What are your rules on parenting?

I would’ve lost my mind at no crocs. I love crocs. Crocs are life
100% agree. Crocs are all I own, all I can wear for shoes. Even sneakers are an issue.

I'm pretty much a Free Range type parent, but I did have one:

No Family Guy. I find it crass and misogynistic. They used to complain because their cousins could watch it.
Ahhh... for us it was "No Rug Rats." Last thing I needed or wanted was a mouthy, back-talking 5 year old!

I had the same 3 rules for my daughter that my parents had for the 7 of us…
1 - don’t piss off mom
2 - no hitting
3 - you are going to college, you are paying for it yourself and you can’t live at home (except of course over the summer)…since my daughter was our only child - we paid but that’s ok…
You could go anywhere and pick any major you wanted…all 7 of us went to college (I’m actually the only one without an advanced degree) and graduated within 4 years…all 7 of us have/had good professional jobs (several of us are retired)…and all of our kids had pretty much the same rules and all have graduated from college (most have advanced degrees as well) and great careers.

I have nice, respectful, easy 8 year olds. I am waiting for the teenage years but right now the only rules are to think, be kind, work hard. The rest just comes. Hoping I raise thoughtful, happy contributing members of society,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter