What are your MUST-DOs at AK?

Disneyd923

Earning My Ears
Besides the obvious headliners... FOP, Kilamanjaro and EE, what are some other must see things in AK? Traveling with three children and I have the least experience in this park. Would love to hear what people like best! Thanks!

Ditto to what everyone else said! Also, not sure how old your kids are, but if they are younger, they might like the Boneyard. It's just an oversided playplace, but my kids have so much fun running around and it gives us time to sit and relax for a bit.

Besides the obvious headliners... FOP, Kilamanjaro and EE, what are some other must see things in AK? Traveling with three children and I have the least experience in this park. Would love to hear what people like best! Thanks!

you don’t say how old the kids are, but I would definitely look into doing the wilderness explorers activities. It’s a free booklet that you can pick up and has lots of things for the kids to look for. It might make traveling around the park more fun for them.

Lion King show and Safari have always been out top must-dos, along with Tusker House brft on case you need a meal - awesome buffet w/great character interaction in their Safari Gear! Agree with Wilderness Explorers, along with the trails - Gorilla Falls(Africa), Maharajah(Asia), and Discovery Island(Discovery Island - gets you up close to tree to see carvings) - all can be done at your own pace and can do as much or little as you like, depending on your kids' interests and energy- this goes for Wilderness Explorers as well. Of course we also love FoP, or NRJ may be more your speed depending on kids ages and ride types.

Attractions: Safari, Lion King show, Navi ride if your kids are too small for FoP, FoP if they are big enough
Food: snacks & cocktails at Nomad Lounge and at Pongu Pongu in Pandora. Both have fun non-alcoholic drinks for kids too.

My kids live doing the Wilderness Explorers. And they love the hippos. They always poop in the water, causing the entire room looking through the water to erupt into loud laughter and the kids always look forward to that. It's the simple things, right?

Thank you all so much! They are 3,6 and 9 so this is a good mix of fun for everyone! They will probably love the Wilderness Explorerer!

That age my kids liked Rafikis and the Boneyard (as well as the rides mentioned already)

Kilimanjaro Safari at night. We got to see the lions actually playing and heard them roar. We saw animals closer than we ever had before. This next trip we're planning hopping to AK a few nights just to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter