What are your must do restaurants?

Timandalicia

DIS Veteran
We haven’t been to Disneyland in 10 years. That visit we did Carthay Circle. We already booked the restaurant that is in the Pirates attraction for this trip. We are staying at the Disneyland hotel. Where else should we book to eat?

I second Lamplight… we went 3 times during our last trip in September, one of which was brunch… great atmosphere, great food, great drinks! We also really like Splitsville, they have super yummy sushi :)

We haven't been since 2018 so we haven't been able to try Lamplight Lounge. We previously went there when it was Ariel's Grotto. Hoping they'll do a World of Color dining special.

Carnation Cafe is one we'll always try to do. I love being able to sit out and people watch on Main Street.

Blue Bayou is our once a trip big meal. Again, hoping for another dining package with Fantasmic when we go in June.

Lamplight lounge for me.

in the past, it was plaza inn, but my son is growing out of enjoying the character meals.

I also like carnation cafe, but usually have dinner, which isn’t being offered now.

We honestly don't have one at DL. We love Blue Bayou, but it's a once in a while, not an every trip thing. Napa Rose is excellent but also very spendy, so it's also a once in a while. For our next trip I want to try Storyteller's since we haven't been there yet. I'm also hoping the WOC dessert party is back.

Wait, I lied. I do have one must do - Dole Whips, eaten in the Tiki Room 😉 I know, not exactly what you were asking, but there it is!

Carnation Cafe, Napa Rose, and Carthay Cirlce are our usual musts.......but haven't been back to them.
Menus aren't as appealing to me.
I will try to get Carnation for our April trip.

Lamplight Lounge is a must for me, something about the ambiance being right on the pier with a fun drink and those lobster nachos… ;)

Since you’ve done Carthay for a special meal I second Napa Rose - get drinks in the lobby of the Grand before hand and soak up the ambiance.

Trader Sams at DL hotel for great drinks and ambiance (Tangaroa Terrace also has great quick breakfast options, try the loco moco burrito!)

Uva Bar in DT Disney is lovely for a break from the parks on your walk back to the DL hotel (love the manchego salad) and has great ambiance at night with all the comings and goings of DTDisney

I assume you meant sit down meals, but just in case for quick meals: Ronto Roasters for a breakfast Ronto Wrap, Plaza Inn or Flo’s V8 for fried chicken I dream about (my kids fave), and Cochino Cucamonga for their QuesaBirria tacos and charro beans. Great, now I want tacos!

Ours aren't ones that you wouldn't need reservations for.

Lunch or Dinner:

Hungry Bear
Plaza Inn
French Market
Rancho del zocalo

Breakfast:

Jolly Holiday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter