• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your go to/favorite foods and drinks to get at a bar, pub, or tavern?

If in UK we used to get Guinness and a burger with chips.
In USA boneless buffalo wings and potato skins.
We don’t go out anymore since Covid and neither of us has alcohol anymore.

Don't go out for the most part anymore - its just not worth it.
Average food and bad service seems to be the standard.

When I do go out I'll usually get a pint of Guinness or if they have a unique cocktail ill get that.
There are very few cocktails I cant make at home so I just don't see the value in going out and paying so much for it and then tipping on it as well.

For example I went to a pub the other night and they have a chocolate milkshake with peanut butter whiskey and its $13
They measure the whiskey exactly and its overwhelmed by the milkshake - so not good at all.
I can make the same thing at home for far less and add some Chambord as well and actually taste the peanut butter.

Burgers are usually the go to - or fish and chips.
There are several pubs around here that have specials on slow weeknights - so a burger and fries for 8.99 or half price fish and chips. Still somehow end up spending 100 for two people though. (plus 20 on top of that for a tip)

I do like the buffalo chicken nachos - but they really vary by place and they are not cheap - $19.
Sometimes they even vary by night at the same pub - all depends on who is in the kitchen - so again not worth it.

That said - I do eat far too much pub food as my kid works in a pub and bring home a meal most days and there are often mixed up orders or food they did not use from an event so always lots of pub food.

Don't go out for the most part anymore - its just not worth it.
Average food and bad service seems to be the standard.

When I do go out I'll usually get a pint of Guinness or if they have a unique cocktail ill get that.
There are very few cocktails I cant make at home so I just don't see the value in going out and paying so much for it and then tipping on it as well.

For example I went to a pub the other night and they have a chocolate milkshake with peanut butter whiskey and its $13
They measure the whiskey exactly and its overwhelmed by the milkshake - so not good at all.
I can make the same thing at home for far less and add some Chambord as well and actually taste the peanut butter.

Burgers are usually the go to - or fish and chips.
There are several pubs around here that have specials on slow weeknights - so a burger and fries for 8.99 or half price fish and chips. Still somehow end up spending 100 for two people though. (plus 20 on top of that for a tip)

I do like the buffalo chicken nachos - but they really vary by place and they are not cheap - $19.
Sometimes they even vary by night at the same pub - all depends on who is in the kitchen - so again not worth it.

That said - I do eat far too much pub food as my kid works in a pub and bring home a meal most days and there are often mixed up orders or food they did not use from an event so always lots of pub food.
That drink sounds weird in a good way like peanut butter and jelly.

We don’t go to bars anymore (haven’t since I became pregnant with DD25), but when we did, we’d get some appetizers (onion rings, mozzarella sticks, nachos and stuff like that) and beer. Back in the day, my beer of choice was Rolling Rock. Today my beer of choice is Coors Light.

Yeah - they make that at the bar in Hollywood studios - Tune in lounge - I think the non-alcoholic version is on the menu but they can make the adult version

Well, my drink of choice these days is an Old Fashioned, but I usually order that in a restaurant. I don’t frequent too many bars these days, but, I would probably order a Blue Moon and some Nachos or hot pretzels.

A bar we used to go to HH at had one that was a PBJ - pb whiskey with cherry bitters and you just sipped it. It was SO good.

I am sober now, but my drink of choice was always something with gin. I got introduced to it when I turned 21 by Tanqueray/cranberry drinks. Then I moved on to gin and tonics, 2 limes. Then dirty gin martinis. By the end of my drinking days, it was just gin on ice, 2 limes.

I also ADORED beer. The hoppier, the better.

As far as food, we still hit a lot of pubs and bars for food alone. I am a sucker for good nachos (with the cheese sauce, not the shredded melt). And, DH and I make it a mission to try the cheese curds everywhere, so those are always ordered, too. Wild how much those can vary from place to place. Or how an establishment could screw them up so bad! I love seeking out unique appetizers....fun way to try a few small plates at a new place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter