• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your favorite things to do in MK, Epcot, & AK?

They also collected pressed pennies from all the countries.
OMG, I can't believe I forgot about the pressed pennies! We have them from all over the World. We bring a roll of quarters and a roll of shiny new pennies down with us and just throw a some of each in our pockets each day. How could I forget? :rolleyes:

Honestly, one of my favorite things to do is take selfies and post them on Instagram. I love taking photos for my own personal memories too, but it's fun to see the likes pile up on Instagram.

This is a great thread and as you can see there is so much to do, it’s not possible to do it all!

There are some good first-timer threads here that are definitely worth looking at. Be sure to realize you won’t do it all- that can take some of the pressure off. The parks are huge. I even logged 13 miles in MK one day (I think that’s the smallest Park!)

You will have an amazing time, with whatever you discover together :)

We enjoy doing virtually everything, and try to do as much as possible each trip (every -3 years). That said, here are some things that are truly magical for us.

Magic Kingdom:
  • PeopleMover at night
  • Mickey's PhillharMagic
Epcot:
  • Eat to the Beat concerts (seasonal during Food & Wine)
  • Having a super-late dinner reservation and walking through World Showcase with no one else around
Animal Kingdom (not been since Pandora opened):
  • Riding Everest over and over at night right before closing (walked on multiple times in last 20 minutes)
  • Street performers. They just seem to add to the ambience much more at AK than they do the other parks.

We have SO many favorites, but the things I most enjoy with my 10 year old...

MK:
Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Tea Cups (and taking pics of kids' huge smiles as Dad spins them crazy fast), Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan (nostalgia that she doesn't roll her eyes at!), and Happily Every After Fireworks

Love the tables outside Plaza for a snack with the castle behind you (see my profile pic from our very first trip when my now 10 year old was 3)

Epcot:
Test Track, Soarin', caramels in Germany, Christmas shop in Germany

Animal Kingdom:
Everest
(we are frequent zoo visitors and have been to several wildlife ranches at home, so AK doesn't do a whole lot for us)

Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean
Quick Service: Casey's Corner, Columbia Harbour House | Table Service: Crystal Palace

EPCOT: Frozen Ever After, O Canada, Impressions de France
Quuck Service: Yorkshire Fish and Chips, Sunshine Seasons
Table Service: Le Cellier for appetizers/drinks, Rose and Crown for Illuminations
You can swin or scuba dive with the fish at The Seas Pavillion

Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safari, Flight of Passage (This attraction is a game changer!)
Quick Service: Flame Tree BBQ | Table Service: Tusker House (Breakfast and lunch are both fantastic!)
As mentioned, Flight of Passage is an absolute game changer!
If you can, do the walking trails. Gorilla Falls in Aftrica and Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia.

Last edited:
Yeah, I most DEFINITELY want to ride the People Mover! I haven't been on a People Mover since I was a kid. We are definitely going to go on it at night! I hadn't thought of that! :thumbsup2

I really want to try the fish & chips in the British section of Epcot.

And I think that when I see the Royal Sommerhus in the Norway pavilion in Epcot, I will probably cry. My favorite grandmother's parents were from Norway and my grandma used to talk all the time about the trips they'd make (all of them...her parents & 9 kids) to Norway in the summer and they'd spend 6 weeks in the summer staying in a log cabin with a grass roof up in the mountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter