What are your favorite things from 2010?

zendisney

<font color=deeppink>The Dis is like potato chips.
We heard the pc crew's favs. What's your favorite thing/things from 2010?

There is only 1 thing that is by far my FAVORITE thing of 2010..

The Physicians Assistant who was working the night of July 9th when I came into his ER.. He did what I believe NO OTHER Doctor would have done.. 12 hours of tests on a me because of hip pain.. Turns out he saved my life.. I ended up with Gallbladder Cancer.. I am now CANCER FREE..

There is only 1 thing that is by far my FAVORITE thing of 2010..

The Physicians Assistant who was working the night of July 9th when I came into his ER.. He did what I believe NO OTHER Doctor would have done.. 12 hours of tests on a me because of hip pain.. Turns out he saved my life.. I ended up with Gallbladder Cancer.. I am now CANCER FREE..

Wow! Congratulations on being cancer free.

moving my office to work out of my house
my Nikon D90

Looking forward to what 2011 has in store!

A few things:
  • My AppleTV
  • Going on PCC 2.0
  • Nikon D3100
  • one year closer to retirement

My DCL Med cruise with ABD add-on.

Signing up for the DU London/Paris/DLP trip

My iPad

My Panasonic DMC-TZ5

Getting asked to be a Mod.

Finding a really cute red coat.

Sayhello

It's a tie between my Droid Eris and my Kindle.

I'm glad to see some of the non-material favorite things show up here on previous posts. I was a bit disappointed in peoples' favorite things of the year being "stuff" as opposed to experiences and relationships, but that's just me. I'm not a "stuff" guy. Love the posts so far - kudos to you all. Here's mine:

• My new physical challenges met: an 80-mile bike ride, a 160-mile (2 day) ride, a 10K run, and marathon training (Hopefully 2011 will have a completed WDW Marathon... if my knees behave.)
  • The 2010 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants!!!
  • My vacation to an isolated eco-resort in Mexico - never been so "off the grid" before. Natural splendor to the max.
  • My absolutely radiant and courageous pregnant wife.
  • 2 healthy kids... and a healthy one coming B"H

My Favorite things for 2010;

DD's college graduation.
Getting my puppy Scarlett.
My cat Izzadore's lung cancer surgery in January and survival beyond the projected 2-4 months - he is still with us with good quality of life.
My DS recent acceptance to his first choice college.
My family.
And I do LOVE my ipod touch :).

I'm grateful for many things...the hightlights:

*Meeting Cherinva and her friend for Dole Whips

*Getting an Ap for my birthday during our October Trip and being able to experience :santa: Christmas at WDW this week
*pirate: our first cruise next Sunday (Carnival) and going to 4 ports in the Caribbean
*new gadgets like my first cell phone (cheapy Tracphone)
*new suitcases---w/ the spinner wheels (our old set from 2001 had seen better days)

1. People that I love.
2. Making it through the tough economy unscathed. (Hope that is no longer a worry in 2011)
3. Good health.
4. Travel for work and pleasure.
5. All those in uniform that keep us free.

Going out to Breckenridge, CO over the summer.
Going down to Orlando for HHN at Universal and F&W at Epcot and staying at Portofino.
My Android phone.
My VW Jetta.
Family, friends, and loved ones.
Being true to myself and others.

2010 was a fantastic year! :)

For me it was starting college after a 14 year break from high school And keeping a 4.0 with a full time job, hubby,and 8 year old son to take care off. It's hard to find the time for everything but I love it. :)

1. I dropped weight, lowered my cholesterol and BP
2. Found out that you can walk instead of run a half marathon's and so I did.
3. Found out that I like exercise/walking/and now running a bit outside and found my inner athlete.
4. Nephew graduated from law school, passed the bar, got a great job offer, and he's back in town.
5. DH got rehired by the fortune 500 company that laid him of 2 years ago. The interim job (that I so didn't want him to take) played a big part in him getting rehired.
6. DH let me take a solo "celebrate me" trip to WDW
7. My very seasonal job became more permanent.
8. I'm happy with me for the first time in a very long time.

That all of my friends who had children in 2010 had healthy babies. All in all 2010 was a pretty good year and considering how many people are struggling at the moment that in itself is good enough for me.

Despite some ups and downs, this year has had it's share of small miracles:

* Another year with my family members happy and healthy (well, for the most part lol)

* Went from scrubbing dirt out of buckets to a well paying white collar desk job with a top floor view. This was a true Cinderella story in itself. I've only been here three months and am still in awe of everything that happened. I will NEVER forget the kindness of the person who saw I was hard working and was willing to give me a chance.

* Having the luxury to save for another trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter