What are your best tips for going in December?

We'll be there the first week of December, too.

I've never gone in Dec before and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE DECORATIONS :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

However, I'm alittle puzzled on how to manage the day. We are used to the parks being open into the night (9 PM + E Ticket). Our last stay we would go back to the resort in the afternoon and then return to a park in the evening. How do you all manage your days with the 9-6PM schedule? We'll be doing MVMCP on Dec 3rd. Then I guess we will plan on spending at least one late night evening at World Showcase. If MGM and MK close at 6-- does that mean you have to leave the park at 6 or can you linger an hour or more?

Seems like the evenings might be a good time to visit DD and other resorts to see the decs. Any tips would be appreciated :D

I'm so excited-- the beginning of our trip is almost on the extended forecast at the weather channel site :D (Its the little things that keep me smiling!)

My best tip for Dec is bring summer and winter clothes including hat and gloves. The 1.99 gloves are 6.99 at WDW, so bring your own! They don't take up much space in your suitcase and may come in very handy!

Originally posted by KittieKat
I had no idea the parks closed at 6 pm..is that for real? hmmm

You can visit the Disney website to see the list of park hours. Other than Epcot (9:30-ish), the other parks tend to close earlier than the rest of the year. Keep in mind however, with the generally lower attendence, the waits are much smaller, and you can accomplish much more in less time.

Still, we plan on taking our afternoon breaks in December. No sense killing ourselves when we'll be back.

-Joe

The last few trips have been the beginning of December..and I would NEVER go any other time! SO breathtaking and fun!
Get your free cookies and cocoa and ind a good spot to watch the AWESOME MVMCP parade! Get fun christmas hats and get into the spirit of things.
Yes the parks close early BUT we get on EVERY ride more than once and see EVERY show in all 4 parks over the 5 days we are there so you will se more than the times that the park is open later. We usually hop over to Epcot and wander about after our 'park of the day' closes.
Or take the time to enjoy some of the other cool things to do in Orlando.
:p

If you check out the link to our 2001 trip you will see the fun hats DD and I got last year....this year we ALL have hats (Dh is pooh and my 3 ds's have reindeer antlers!)

Dont try to fight the crowds at the parks. Take it slow and enjoy the many decorations. Especially the ones in the delux resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter