What are you must do restaurants?

jpessa

Addicted to Disney
Thanks!

It'll be me and DD7. She's not fussed about the princesses or character meals in general, as we've done so many of them. However, if one is truly an experience special to DLP I don't mind spending the money.

I think there are sooo many fantastic restaurants to choose from in DLP. For us, if we can fit all these in we would.

- Inventions - Character dining but well worth it, fantastic food and overlooking Main Street. If you time is right, you can watch the Fireworks whilst having your meal and they play the song through the restaurant speakers.

- Walts

- Agrabah Cafe

- Chez Remy

- Planet Hollywood (I know a lot don't like it, but it has always been a guilty pleasure for us)

I like many of them too - Remy's for the theming alone is fantastic. Also really enjoy Walts whilst watching the parade and Annette's always features somewhere too.

Steakhouse in the village is next on our list to try :goodvibes

Steakhouse in the village is next on our list to try :goodvibes
Haven't been there in the evening but went several times when they used to host a Sunday Character Brunch. Miss this - obviously the food wasn't in the same league as Inventions Sunday Brunch but that was reflected in the price and I used to love watching the balloon lady.

I think my favourites are Walt's (favourite non-character) tying with Inventions (favourite character) but then I've always had a soft spot for Blue Lagoon and I love the theming in Agrabah Cafe (and the food!). TBH don't think we've ever had a BAD meal at DLP.

No one has mentioned California Grill on this thread. That's one restaurant we've never been to, my DDs weren't interested in going. Any opinions, good or bad?

I just came from DLP in November. We did lunch at Chez Remy's and were not impressed. It might have been because we went during off season and also for lunch, but the steak was not very good (compared to some US restaurants like morton's or Ruth's Chris steakhouse). My wife got th more expensive option and I ordered the cheaper option. For some reason, the more expensive option tasted worse than the cheaper one. The Ratatouille in the more expensive one was very pretty and looked like something from the movie! The decor of the restaurant is excellent and very magical.

We did Cafe Mickey and it was very different than the US versions of it (goofy's kitchen and Chef Mickey). The seating was sort of open, not like how they have seating "times" at Chef Mickey. The characters were all great, especially Tigger (he was jumping all over and climbing all over too). The breakfast buffet was traditional European: cheese, sliced meats, croissants; the basics: scrambled eggs, bacon. They have a self serve coffee machine.

Def recommend chef mickey for the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter