• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you into, but not many know ?

It's a formulaic genre, usually with a female protagonist. Usually takes place in a small town, begins with a murder that the protagonist has to solve with some down-home wisdom, and involves a plucky, eccentric cast of characters. There is usually no sex, depravity, or romance in cozies, you could describe them as feel-good mysteries. Agatha Christie is one of the best known authors of cozies. If you are interested, the series that I've read over and over are: the Cat Who series by Lillian Jackson Braun, the Kate Jasper mystery series, the Jane Jeffries mystery series, Goldy Bear mysteries, and Meg Langslow mysteries. That first one, the Cat Who series, has a male protagonist who is modeled after Burt Reynolds (may he RIP), the other mystery series that I mentioned are more girly.

I love that one! Also -
the Mrs. Murphy Series by Rita Mae Brown (another with cats!)
the Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke (This one does have a bit of light romance...but also recipes!!)

For my answer - I love watching old TV lately! (In fact, in the vein of cozy mysteries, I've been recording a few episodes of Murder, She Wrote. :) ) Our cable line up has a lot of throwback channels right now - even one showing old games shows!

I tap dance.
Me too! Great stress reliever.
I am into German musicals. It started early April I want to say. I had heard one song from the show Mozart years ago, and it never occurred to me it was an entire show. My favorite is now Elisabeth. I now recognize singers, have purchased the personal albums, watch bootlegs on youtube, and I am saving for actual legit sheet music and dvds from Germany. It is an expensive habit. My younger 2 are as obsessed now too!!!! This is the song that got my obsession started.

Probably the disboards. Nobody in my real life would know I post on these boards.

This is me, too.

Disney Junior (I watch way too much). Specific Disney (and Pixar and Marvel) movies - although people know I'm a Disney fan in general because of my WDW trips.

Disney Junior channel on TV. I watch it with my grandson. Our favorites: Puppy Dog Pals, PJ Masks, Lion Guard, Little Einstines, Handy Manny, Fancy Nancy. There are others too. My DD and son in law are the only ones who know that I and grandson watch Dis Jr.

I'm generally pretty open about my insterests. To the point where my friends have a list of topics that may not be mentioned in my presence (unless you want to get an hour long discussion about that random subject).

Now, work people are different. They'd probably be a bit weirded out to find out I play D&D.

OMG, I seriously just watched What's Up Doc last night!! It's still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!! :rotfl:

lol, I love it, wonder what the odds are of that ever happening

Was it on regular TV? Or did you watch it on DVD/streaming, etc.?

I always liked that movie but haven't seen it in about 20 years.

I DVR'd. It was on TCM Sept 2. I probably hadn't seen it in that long either.

yep I did as Kitty did, I always I dvr 5-6 movies from turner, when I get down to 1-2, I will look thru there scheduled and dvr 5-6 more, and probably also like Kitty I thought Friday night would be a good time to just watch a fun movie

Mosaic color by number books. It is so relaxing to me, you don't even need to decide what color to use.

My family and I watch MasterChef together every week.

But I really love 70 and 80's tv shows.

ok Kathy, I looked it up, I want
Alpaca-Lovely-Animal.jpg

lol, I love it, wonder what the odds are of that ever happening

yep I did as Kitty did, I always I dvr 5-6 movies from turner, when I get down to 1-2, I will look thru there scheduled and dvr 5-6 more, and probably also like Kitty I thought Friday night would be a good time to just watch a fun movie

TCM fan as well. Let’s see this week, Bogie and Bacall in Key Largo and Run silent Run Deep with Clark gable and Burt Lancaster ( that was DVR).

Love the thin man movies. Just plain fun.

TCM fan as well. Let’s see this week, Bogie and Bacall in Key Largo and Run silent Run Deep with Clark gable and Burt Lancaster ( that was DVR).

Love the thin man movies. Just plain fun.

fun is the right word, and why im watching these movies I open my IMDB APP, https://www.imdb.com/ type in the movie and learn all kids of great facts that will never get me a penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter