• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you giving to your spouse/SO this year?

A video game, a Disney t-shirt, stocking stuffers, and a donation to a charity he picked out (he asked for all charitable donations this year). Oh, and DD is getting him a Zelda themed key rack (don't ask), while our new dog is getting him a belt (to replace the 2 she chewed up).

Were doing a weeklong trip to NYC in January for our anniversary, so we bought tickets to several shows and we are calling that our Christmas presents this year.
Plus we flew up last weekend to see the tree in Rockefeller Plaza, which was amazing to see live and we had snow too, great present!
Apparently the other residents of the household are too jaded to see the Rockefeller Center Tree so I'm glad you did instead.

Today was the last time to see the holiday displays on the east side before we leave (and buy the fruit paste candy I asked for from La Maison du Chocolat @ Rockefeller Center), and once again they stayed on the west side. Guess they are planning to make a detour to Fifth Avenue tomorrow on our way to Penn Station since I don't think the holidays are right without this treat;):cool:.

We are giving our house a face lift so to speak so our big gift is new furniture. I did get him 2 Jim Shore Peanuts figurines, a wireless charging dock for his PS4 controllers, sometime of game where he can play old school Atari games, slippers, sweatpants and a nice pullover so he has something to open Christmas morning.

We don’t usually exchange gifts, but I bought him a nice set of cocktail/highball glasses. He likes to have his “signature drink” with his friends (Makers 46 and ginger ale) and doesn’t have any decent glasses to serve it in. He’s also getting a build your own guitar kit.

I got DH a pair of pajamas, two books of sheet music he asked for, an armband to hold his phone at the gym, a nice pair of earbuds, and some dark chocolate.

I "gave" DH a $250 generator in Sept that I called his Christmas and birthday gift (birthday was Sunday) :rolleyes1

He looked me up and down for a minute lol, then told me two people can play that game, so he "gave" me the 2016 used Dodge Journey we bought in April, for my Christmas gift. You know...the one HE picked to replace the 1998 MINIVAN that was about to fall apart any second :sad2: because it wasn't as necessary as oh, say....a GENERATOR that we have never had a use for in over 20 years of home ownership! And barring a zombie apocalypse, will VERY likely be able to manage without for the next 20...

Dork.

We’re going to WDW in March so that’s our Christmas for the most part. I got him a fancy coffee grinder he wanted so he has something to open Christmas morning.

Nothing, at least at this point. We decided kind of last-minute he'd fly across the country to visit family on Christmas Day and that plane ticket was $$$. :scared1:

I also went a little over-board with a project I did earlier in the month = Christmas budget blown :blush:. Luckily, neither of us really care that much about wrapped gifts, and there's always next year!

We bought DVC for our Christmas present to each other. I was hoping to get Disney mail with out member number but that's not going to happen. Oh well. My kiddos are getting a book, a toy, pjs, and an outfit. We always overdue Christmas and decided this year to scale back.

Clothes mostly-the man never buys himself anything. He only likes western type shirts so I buy them at a local western store and good grief they get higher and higher! But they do last a long time.

Some new bedding for his big truck--blankets, sheets, etc.

And some DVDs to watch at night at the truckstops.

Nothing, at least at this point. We decided kind of last-minute he'd fly across the country to visit family on Christmas Day and that plane ticket was $$$. :scared1:

I also went a little over-board with a project I did earlier in the month = Christmas budget blown :blush:. Luckily, neither of us really care that much about wrapped gifts, and there's always next year!

I’ll wave at him as he flies overhead lol

Well, this past summer we were looking at gently used cars for DW, but then she wanted a brand new one. So that's her Christmas, birthday, and anniversary presents for the next 5 years.

Now she wants a new dishwasher. But we'll wait until after the holidays.

I got her a Yankee Candle and a few other trinkets for under the tree.

Well, let's see.......

A new car for her a year ago so no go there.

She doesn't care for candles and trinkets so no go there.

Then there's the 31yo dishwasher that came with the house so that is a good possibility, BUT the dishwasher being used is 67yo that she's had for 44 years and a divorce decree would be needed to get rid of that one. Thinking not too likely there.

Guess a nice breakfast and dinner of her choice since we really don't do presents. :)

a TV for his man cave. Can't have him hogging the family room TV when I or the kids want to watch something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter