• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are you doing to get kids all ready and excited for Disney?!

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
need some ideas to get them all ready for Disney!

So far we are watching some Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast and watching Disney jr shows.

What are you doing with the kids?

How old are your kids, and how far off is your trip?

Disney movies are a great start, especially ones that introduce them to characters you'll likely see.

We've always done a countdown chain, starting at about 6 weeks before our trip. Watch youtube videos of rides and shows. Order maps (my DDs LOVE looking at maps!) and planning DVDs. If you have friends who have gone recently, ask them to show you pics and talk about what they did. Shop for a couple new Disney shirts, or make them using iron-on images and the DISigns board. Make a journal or autograph book. Look at menus of restaurants and talk about what food you'll eat. Ask them to make lists of their top three priorities at each park.

Oh, and check upcoming ride closures/refurbishments and height requirements before getting them too excited about any one particular thing! ;)

We have a family movie night every Saturday. We pick a Disney movie at random every week to watch and plan our dinner around the theme. We also have a countdown. Ours is pretty simple with just a dry-erase board. Watching the Disney DVD that you can order free is a great way to get excited and prepare young kids for the trip.

We ordered the custom maps and I went over with them what our schedule is going to be.

We watched all the movies.

We also scheduled a breakfast at H&V, and my kids didn't really watch much TV, so we started doing "homework" of watching all of the Disney Jr. shows before our first trip.

We also read a lot of books about Disney, and we went to a rinky-dink amusement park here so I could get a feel for what rides they liked, and what they didn't, so we didn't have any scary events that might turn them off of rides for the whole trip (they liked fast, but did not like high, that kind of thing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter