What are you doing this weekend?

Exciting weekend for me! Work tomorrow till 2, come home and open up a 12 pack of Guinness and watch TV since my wife is hosting a paint party tomorrow night. Sunday I get up early and do yard work, wash my truck and Camaro then wash my wife's Yukon. Come in and take a shower then I will do all my laundry and wash the towels. Told you it was exciting! :crazy2:

Tomorrow I have to do my 2 mile run (I procrastinated today) and dd has a soccer game.

Sunday my daughter is invited to a party so I am free that afternoon ... not sure what I am going to do since dh is working. (Likely nothing.)

Thrill a minute over here, I know!

Last edited:

Going to a plant nursery to pick out a few plants for my backyard...which I will plant along a stretch of fence that we share with our 2 story next door neighbor. Said neighbor has commented in the past that she looks out her window in order to see what we're up to in the backyard. Then neighbor asks a lot of questions about how come we're not planning on this or that in the backyard.

It'll take a couple of years for the plants to grow 12' tall, but then I'll finally have a little bit of privacy. :-)

Tomorrow morning I'll be attending a funeral and Sunday is church, as always. The entire rest of the weekend will probably be spent not doing the housework I've been not doing for the past couple of weeks. :upsidedow

Friday night HS football game with both girls home. Today a quiet day with DD20. Tomorrow we're going to a big county fair where DH's family shows miniature horses. We're bringing up the Cinderella carriage that DH made for the school musical and then revamped to hitch the horses to. Our nieces will use it for costume class.

A really busy one. Saturday started with Zumba class then went to Walmart with my husband to buy us both new eyeglasses. Dropped the truck off for an oil change before Walmart. Then back to pick it up. Then the fun part - lunch at Red Lobster with my DH. Then I had to do Basset Training to start Bartending next weekend. Then Snack Bar Duty for a Kids Program. On Sunday I have to work at my regular job catching up from the week. Then Snack Bar Duty for the matinee Kids program. Then Sunday evening Mom and I need to decide on which Meal at Home kit we want to try.

Tomorrow I'll go to Wegman's and pick up a few groceries. That's my excitement for the weekend.
So, I was wrong. I was washing dishes yesterday morning and the kitchen sink wasn't draining properly. I opened the cabinet to look for my sink plunger and just as I did, the drain pipe broke. I repaired it and when I tested it, I discovered that the clog is still there. Drain cleaner didn't work, so today I get to take the new plumbing back out, so I can use the auger. I did get my groceries.

Saturday morning I made the 3 hour drive to spend the weekend with my sister. She is divorced and both kids are now in college (she has a senior and a freshman) so she's adjusting to a new life. Saturday we went for a long drive and ended up meeting her 2 girls (both in school in the Boston area) and took them out for supper. Today we are also going for a long drive, headed out to Kimball Farm or the Wayside Inn, just to have a destination. We'll stop at some point for lunch/dinner, find some place to walk around in the sunshine, etc. I'm staying over tonight and will drive home on Monday as I don't have to be to work until 11:30-ish.

Just got a message from DH. He has folded laundry and cleaned the bathrooms. Next on his agenda is to vacuum and clean the boot trays. Then he'll go to work for a bit to check his data and move some stuff in his lab. Once he comes home he's going to mow the lawn. Jeez... he's clearly lonely! I should go away on the weekend more often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter