what are virgin planes like? where is the welcome meeting?

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
hi

this is the first time my husband and i are flying with virgin. we usually go with britannia, but there flights were poor.

what are the plane seating plan, do you get offered drinks throuhjout your flight?

where is the welcome meeting held?

we are staying at the raddison orlando hotel, anyone been there?

michelle:p

You're going to find Virgin a nice step up from Britania, IMHO. Yes they serve drinks throughout the flight.

The Welcome meetings are in a number of locations and it will depend on your accommodation where the best one for you will be. Virgin will advise you of that. A lot of people don't bother with the meet as , generally, you can get the same information by scouring this site for a while. If you've been to Orlando before it is unlikely they will tell you much that's going to help you, although they may have some deals on tickets etc ( again these are unlikely to be a better deal than you can get ahead of flying) I do think the meets serve a purpose for people who haven't been before and don't do any research before they leave, but IMHO they are of limited value if you've done your homework and generally take up several hours of your first day. ( making a park visit that day a bit of a waste)

Hi Angel659,

Virgin seating plans are here.

I am flying with them in a week but have not flown with Virgin before so can't answer the drinks question.

I do not know about the welcome meeting but I believe that most people avoid them as they are mostly for selling tickets and excursions.

The Virgin welcome meetings are usually in the AMC theatre in Downtown Disney. As others have said though unless you want to buy attraction tickets or book coach tickets it's not really worth it. You can get much more info from this site and Simon's book - Brits guide to Orlando - ("The bible!")
When we went in 2000 we were given free tickets to Arabian Nights dinner show for attending the welcome meeting. This perk is no longer being given though..

Tony

hi

thanks for all your help. the reason we wanted to know where the welcome meeting was because we may go to the disney barbeque. we have been 3 times and each time we have attended the thomson's one and it has been a waste of time considering we have been we needed park tickets.

we may just get the park tickets at the park, as people are saying its cheaper over there is this true?

Is that the back yard barbecue? We booked it at the Virgin welcome meeting 4 years ago and weren't impressed. If you are a line dancing fan then it may be fun but we aren't and our kids were bored. An added niggle was that Virgin seemed to have block booked the event and all the guests were British.

I expected a lot of British visitors in August but it didn't really give the barbecue the atmosphere I'd hoped for. More Butlins than Disney.

Food was good though, but a lot of meat.
We also had time with the characters which was nice as my daughter was only 4 at the time.

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter