What are the WDW can't miss snacks/meals?

carolnog

Earning My Ears
Hi!
Maybe you could help me here: I'm staying offsite next November and paying for food out of pocket, but I want my first-visit friends to have the full Disney experience, which, of course, includes food.

So, what is the meal/restaurant/snack we can't miss?

Have a magical day!

We like going to Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD and we each have a custom-made snack! From the chocolate-covered pretzel rods to marshmallow wands to Mickey Rice Krispie treats, we enjoy choosing our covering and topping and watching the CMs make our concoctions. It's a one-of-a-kind snack that is only available at Goofy's.

Tusker house character breakfast is so fun at AK. Raglan Road has the best food and entertainment in DTD! Sanaa at AKL is a fun experience! Dole pineapple Whip at MK! Karmel Krunche in Epcot! And course a Mickey Bar! Y'all have a blast!

Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Dole Whip
Some kind of caramel treat from Germany at EPCOT
These are our favorite snacks.

A trip for my mom is not complete without a mickey icecream. She also loves ohana for breakfast and a must for me is Boma for dinner on a Wed. My husband's must is t-rex in DTD.

Snacks:

Dole Whip
School bread
epically huge cinnamon bun
Dole whip
Lefrou's Brew
Zebra domes @ Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dole whip
Jalapeno cheese pretzel

Caramel popcorn from Karamell Kuche in Germany. Omg. I bought some and we had to go back and get more!!!! Lol. It's amazing.

Dole whip was great too. We also loved the Mickey pretzel.

I was dying for a pastry from the French bakery, but we had other snacks so that's one for next time.

I posted this in your other thread but I don't know if you got it or not.

MK
-Dole Whip Floats from Aloha Isle. It's pineapple and vanilla swirled ice cream in pineapple juice. Really refreshing on a hot day
-Mickey Premium Bar from an Ice Cream Cart. They are at every park, but its more magical eating it in MK
-Cake Cup from Chesire Cafe. It's basically 90% frosting but it is amazing

EPCOT
-Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons.
-School Bread from Norway Bakery. This is the EPCOT "It Dessert" Its a donut like pastry with coconut and vanilla and it is the best thing you will ever have.
-Kaki-Gori from Japan. It's shaved ice but better

HS
-Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake from Starring Rolls. Enough is said about it. But just to let you know Starring Rolls does close early
-Carrot Cake Cookie from Writer's Stop. It's like a carrot cake whoopee pie

AK
-BBQ from Flame Tree BBQ. It's real BBQ that is all I have to say

There are other things you should try, but this is the best of the best.

MEAL: dinner at 'Ohana in the Polynesian

SNACK: Pineapple Float at Aloha Isle in ML or Pineapple Lanai at Polynesian

as for meals, these are the ones we never want to miss...some are a little expensive but we do the dining plan so it's a little less of a hit. so i'm not sure how they will affect you OOP b/c everyone's budget is a little different. anyway, here goes:

Hoop Dee Doo Review (a great time, good food and all you can drink!)
Crystal Palace breakfast (pre-park opening if you can...good food and nothing like walking down Main Street with virtually no-one else there and getting great pics)
California Grill (time your dinner around Wishes and enjoy the show & music while sipping your glass of wine or tea :))
'Ohana (actually we're doing this for the first time this trip but I hear great things about it)
50's PTC and Hollywood Brown Derby (our two go-to places to eat at Hollywood Studios - there aren't many options but these are good ones)
Jiko (an excellent, excellent meal - atmosphere is great too)

Of course, these are only the opinion of my family...as they say, your mileage may vary but I'm hoping this helps! Have a great time!

MEAL - Crystal Palace Breakfast
SNACK - Mickey head hot pretzel. I know you can get them most anywhere, but the fact that it's shaped like Mickey. just seems to make it taste better!

Thank you all for the suggestions! I really appreciate them, looking into the options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter