What are the post Covid changes you have noticed on the ships?

Tink113

DIS Veteran
This will be my 11 DC, but first post Covid.

I was surprised to see that I needed to upload photos and document scans for the online check-in.

Also seen you need your PAF when you get to the port. Don’t remember needing it before.

Just saw that stateroom bills will need to be downloaded in the app while on board. I guess that means no paper copy under the door anymore?

What other changes should I be prepared for??

Thanks!

I was surprised to see that I needed to upload photos and document scans for the online check-in.

Also seen you need your PAF when you get to the port. Don’t remember needing it before.

Just saw that stateroom bills will need to be downloaded in the app while on board. I guess that means no paper copy under the door anymore?

Thanks!
All covid restrictions have been removed from Disney cruises so there's no more covid restrictions back to normal.
The most important thing to remember is final balance won't be extended it's normal due 90 day's prior sailing for cruises 4 nights or less or 120 day's before sailing on cruises 5 nights or more. If you booked a suite/Concierge it will the balance due earlier between 120 day's to 150 day's prior sailing pending on length of the cruise.
Bring something for character autographs such as autograph book, picture frame or pillow case because characters can sign anything you'd want. Staff can take pictures for you as the no touch policy has been scrapped.
Cabanas on Disney cruises are back to normal and Marceline Market on Disney Wish is back to normal.
Oceaneers, edge and Vibe back to normal and top tip check on Disney cruise line navigator app for youth activities open houses because it means anyone of any age can check the facilities out at the venue that's hosting youth activities open house when cruises first restarted after pandemic there was no open houses at the clubs it was only secured programming but that was around September 2021 but I'm glad everythings back to normal.
All deck parties back to normal.
Swimming pools and splash areas and waterslides are open
NO testing requirements.
at ports of call you can go on port adventure or go ashore and do your own thing.
Midship detective agency game is available any time of the day.
Everything at Castaway Cay is opened and there's lot's of activities at Castaway Cay.

Have a magical Disney cruise line vacation.
Kevin

No paper navigators, no dinner seating in Cabanas. You already noted the change to check in

Thanks!
Hello again second reply sorry I forgot to mention the photo's that you have to upload are so that they can get Disney cruise line customers on the ship quickly instead of them having to do it at the port it should be approved within 24 to 48 hours you'll get an email once your photo's and photo's of ID has been approved please bring your passport or other proof of citizenship to the port with you.

Kevin

You may or may not get physical menus at dinner. Experiences vary widely, and I'm guessing servers try to read the table. We were fine using the app, but other tables around us had paper menus, so it's not an all-or-nothing thing per ship or server.

That's all I can think of, aside from what's already been mentioned.

One other change not yet mentioned is that you cannot currently book a discounted future cruise while onboard. There is not currently a Vacation Planning desk — you just buy a Placeholder for $250/cruise on the app. Then you need to call DCL (if you didn’t use a travel agent) or your travel agent to apply the placeholder for a 10% discount on a (non-Concierge) cruise within the next 2 years.

I
One other change not yet mentioned is that you cannot currently book a discounted future cruise while onboard. There is not currently a Vacation Planning desk — you just buy a Placeholder for $250/cruise on the app. Then you need to call DCL (if you didn’t use a travel agent) or your travel agent to apply the placeholder for a 10% discount on a (non-Concierge) cruise within the next 2 years.
Good to know. Thank you!

You may or may not get physical menus at dinner. Experiences vary widely, and I'm guessing servers try to read the table. We were fine using the app, but other tables around us had paper menus, so it's not an all-or-nothing thing per ship or server.

That's all I can think of, aside from what's already been mentioned.
You can borrow a print out of the menu because I asked the waiter for the menu and he gave me a menu I've even asked him I wanted to have a go of talking to Crush the sea turtle and he was happy to arrange that for me.
If there's anything you'd like just ask but please note they don't do paper navigators but I'd bring some paper to write on and write all the activity schedule and times and venue on piece of paper saves you having to look on your device.

You can borrow a print out of the menu because I asked the waiter for the menu and he gave me a menu I've even asked him I wanted to have a go of talking to Crush the sea turtle and he was happy to arrange that for me.
If there's anything you'd like just ask but please note they don't do paper navigators but I'd bring some paper to write on and write all the activity schedule and times and venue on piece of paper saves you having to look on your device.
I didn't phrase my response very well. I probably should have said "You may or may not be offered physical menus at dinner." Tables adjacent to us definitely had them for every meal. We were totally fine with the app and had our phones sitting on the table, so I don't think it occurred to them that we'd prefer paper (which we didn't - app was fine for us).

Some people have had success asking for paper navigators at guest services if you want one.

Our last sailing in January on the fantasy, paper menus were back at dinner. No asking for them. All got them.

Our last sailing in January on the fantasy, paper menus were back at dinner. No asking for them. All got them.
It really depends on the server, I did four cruises in 2022 and one time the menus were out already before anyone asked, one time I was offered but declined and the other two times I wasn’t offered (but could have asked as others tables did have menus.)

Crowds. Our cruise recently was the busiest I have seen in last 5 years (including the Wish
around Christmas).

Our biggest COVID change was the app billing. We never received an end statement (I was expecting an email) and I forgot to check the app before we disembarked so I have no charge details. The amount is about what I expected but DCL added a $3 charge 24 hours after disembarking the ship and some other $24 charge. Since we have had errors in the past, it would've been nice to see a statement.

No meals in kids club and they haven't brought back when a staff gets the gets from second dinner to take them to club .

Just off the Magic two weeks ago & shocked (& unhappy) to see how few hand sanitizer stations there were around the ship, especially since the ship was truly at maximum capacity (2,700 according to the cruise director).

Paper menus at dinner every night; no need to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter