• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the plans for the old Hard Rock Restaurant?

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
When we were staying at the HRH a few weeks ago, it wasn't hard to miss the old Hard Rock Restaurant next door looking like a boarded-up building (which I guess it is). Anyone have any ideas what plans they have for it? It seems like such a neat building, and I think it detracts from the surroundings to have it just sitting there, with it's signs and marquee's ripped off. Just curious... thanks!

A while ago, I heard it was supposed to be the HRH lobby. I don't know of the current plans. I assume they use it for storage.

I definitely seems like they could have incorporated it into the new HRH in some manner since it is just across the parking lot from it. I realize that they wanted the new restaurant by the ampitheatre and CityWalk, but I personally liked the old restaurant, let's hope they either put it to good use or demolish it (which is probably the most likely outcome), because it is just sitting there and looking abandoned.

When you come up the main entrance, self parking is on the right and on the other side of the parking lot, you can see the building. It is actually sitting up quite high and very visible from the parking lot.

I would really like to see this become a future expansion of Kidzone or turn it into a Hard Rock Hall of Fame Museum.
:jester:

I remember hearing they were thinking of using it for additional meeting and banquet space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter