What are the odds?

Lord Manhammer

DIS Veteran
My kid is currently at The World visiting their godfather. I have a friend of mine who is a Disney live-streamer on TikTok. I told my kid half-jokingly that if they saw my friend to say hi, knowing the astronomical odds of actually running into my friend. Well, sure enough, my kid texts me yesterday and asked if my Tiktok friend was on the People Mover. I brought up TikTok and he certainly was. Well, it turned out my kid was IN THE NEXT CAR. Their godfather got my friend's attention who explained who my kid was. Then my friend turned around the camera and I was able to see my kid and their godfather wave to me through TikTok!

It was a wonderful experience which warmed my heart and made my day. It was a true magical moment.

Once at Epcot I saw someone that looked like a co-worker, someone who was usually out in the field and I saw only occasionally. I convinced myself it couldn’t be them. But then was thinking maybe it was, but of course just minutes later could not locate them again.

Next time I saw them in the office I asked, and yes, their family was there at that time.

So cool!

It's crazy that we often randomly run into people we know at Disney.

One year, I was sitting on a rock outside Expedition Everest holding my sleepy daughter while her brothers rode it. They got off the ride talking to a girl they knew. Turns out I was sitting back to back with the girl's mom, who was also the school nurse.

This has happened to us twice. My mom's friend that she hadn't seen in 20+ years (in a different state) happened to be working the parade route and recognized my mom while we were waiting on the curb. We had no idea that she got a job for Disney. Then I saw my friend who had moved to Arizona in 7th grade and I hadn't seen in several years walking down Main Street.

It's a small world after all!

Wow…..very fun and a great memory for you :goodvibes
I hope your kid (DS or DD?) is having a super fun time at WDW :smickey:

My kid is currently at The World visiting their godfather. I have a friend of mine who is a Disney live-streamer on TikTok. I told my kid half-jokingly that if they saw my friend to say hi, knowing the astronomical odds of actually running into my friend. Well, sure enough, my kid texts me yesterday and asked if my Tiktok friend was on the People Mover. I brought up TikTok and he certainly was. Well, it turned out my kid was IN THE NEXT CAR. Their godfather got my friend's attention who explained who my kid was. Then my friend turned around the camera and I was able to see my kid and their godfather wave to me through TikTok!

It was a wonderful experience which warmed my heart and made my day. It was a true magical moment.
Very neat, LM!!!

I have a similar crazy story! I'm sitting outside the exit of RnR, waiting for my family to come out. I strike up some small talk with a woman who is doing the same and we talk about where we've traveled from, who we are waiting for, etc. Turns out this family lives about a 1/4 of a mile away...but it gets better. Her son is a student in DDs class and he's on the ride with her(but neither her son nor my DD know this.) The son comes out first, followed by DD a couple of minutes later, so photos had to be taken! The other remarkable part of the story is that this wasn't during a school break, DD had just taken some time off from her job, and the other family had pulled their kid out of class for a couple of days to go to WDW.

I have a similar crazy story! I'm sitting outside the exit of RnR, waiting for my family to come out. I strike up some small talk with a woman who is doing the same and we talk about where we've traveled from, who we are waiting for, etc. Turns out this family lives about a 1/4 of a mile away...but it gets better. Her son is a student in DDs class and he's on the ride with her(but neither her son nor my DD know this.) The son comes out first, followed by DD a couple of minutes later, so photos had to be taken! The other remarkable part of the story is that this wasn't during a school break, DD had just taken some time off from her job, and the other family had pulled their kid out of class for a couple of days to go to WDW.
Wow!!! Amazing.

I grew up just outside of Ft. Wayne, IN. For those who don't know, it's in the NE corner of Indiana. I went to college in Kentucky and started working down there.

About 10 years after graduation, I'm at Churchill Downs for work the day before the Kentucky Derby. There's generally ~125,000 people there that day. As I'm walking around, I hear someone call my name. Turns out it was someone who graduated high school the year after me and recognized me.

A friend/classmate and I were on the bus to one of the parks. Some grade school age girls got on. We gave our seats to them. I noticed the hat one was wearing had the name of a city several states away where another friend/classmate lived. We got to talking to them and then the moms. We mentioned the friend we knew that lived there now. Turns out they all know each other. That is the closest I have come to running into someone I knew. A co-worker was in the the parks the same time as me and I didn't even run into them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter