What are the kids' sides at QS (e.g. ABC Commissary)

SusanDK

DIS Veteran
I'm reviewing menus in preparation for a day at HS, and wondered what the 'choice of two Sides' is whenever this is mentioned for a Kids Meal. I'm doubting they are referring to the regular Sides that are listed on the menu.

As an example, the ABC Commissary menu has a Kids Meal of Chicken Salad Sandwich that is served with 'choice of two Sides' and a milk/water. The Sides that are listed on the menu are Black beans, Mexican rice, Steak fries, PB&J Uncrustable, Arugula-Farro salad, Mini Babybel Snack Cheese and Apple slices (ranging in price from $2.79 to 4.99). I'm guessing that one doesn't pick 2 sides from that list when they are only charging $7.79 for the Kids Meal.

Does anyone know what the options are that can be chosen as the 'choice of two Sides' in this case? Since this is a common description across Kids' Meals at QS restaurants, is there a list somewhere of the eligible sides for Kids Meals at each QS?

I'm reviewing menus in preparation for a day at HS, and wondered what the 'choice of two Sides' is whenever this is mentioned for a Kids Meal. I'm doubting they are referring to the regular Sides that are listed on the menu.

As an example, the ABC Commissary menu has a Kids Meal of Chicken Salad Sandwich that is served with 'choice of two Sides' and a milk/water. The Sides that are listed on the menu are Black beans, Mexican rice, Steak fries, PB&J Uncrustable, Arugula-Farro salad, Mini Babybel Snack Cheese and Apple slices (ranging in price from $2.79 to 4.99). I'm guessing that one doesn't pick 2 sides from that list when they are only charging $7.79 for the Kids Meal.

Does anyone know what the options are that can be chosen as the 'choice of two Sides' in this case? Since this is a common description across Kids' Meals at QS restaurants, is there a list somewhere of the eligible sides for Kids Meals at each QS?
These are the side options listed i MDE mobile ordering.
IMG_7658.jpeg

Thank you! What restaurant is this for?

Edited to add: Oops, I'm guessing ABC Commissary since that's what I mentioned. I hadn't seen that they had a grilled ham & cheese.

Different restaurants have different side options. Where are you looking at menus? Not all the sites are up to date.

If you have the MDE app, you can start an order at QS without being onsite or actually ordering anything to see the current options.

It’s odd to see 4 side selections and then 2 ‘substitutions’ below. Disney explains it -

The Disney Check meals must include at least three of the following food groups: fruits and vegetables; low-fat dairy; whole grains; or lean protein, beans, eggs and nuts. In addition, to meet these guidelines, Disney Check meals must be ordered with no substitutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter