• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the higher end RV brands?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
We have a Coleman pop-up right now. Bought it used and we love it. But, of course, we are always scoping out TT's and Class C's as we think about future upgrades. I know people here have the scoop on RV's, so I want to know what are some of the good brands to look at? Are there brands you would totally avoid? We have started to see some trends in what we like, but I haven't quite figured out which brands are the "high end" ones and which might be the "don't waste your money" ones. We will probably buy something used in a few years, so I'm scoping out 2010's now in hopes I can find it used in a few years! The Keystone Outbacks are looking pretty nice to me online, but I need to check them out in person. Any thoughts on that brand? Thanks, oh knowledgeable DIS-ers! :thumbsup2

I'm sure someone will come along and give you the best advice. And I'm definately not an expert, couldn't even name any brands or models if I had to, but I LOVE our Keystone Sprinter!! We looked at everything in a 300 mile radius and found what wanted and have never had any regrets!! Happy Hunting!

We have a Coleman pop-up right now. Bought it used and we love it. But, of course, we are always scoping out TT's and Class C's as we think about future upgrades. I know people here have the scoop on RV's, so I want to know what are some of the good brands to look at? Are there brands you would totally avoid? We have started to see some trends in what we like, but I haven't quite figured out which brands are the "high end" ones and which might be the "don't waste your money" ones. We will probably buy something used in a few years, so I'm scoping out 2010's now in hopes I can find it used in a few years! The Keystone Outbacks are looking pretty nice to me online, but I need to check them out in person. Any thoughts on that brand? Thanks, oh knowledgeable DIS-ers! :thumbsup2

I have an Outback 210rs which I like so far. I know Scott has an Outback and he just got done with a trip that covered over 4000 miles with minimal problems. Hey, I offered once to let you come and look at mine - just PM me if you want to and I can tell you where I am. It's open right now. I got mine at Tom Schaeffer's in Shoemakersville.

We have a Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel that we love. It is definitely not high end but it's not the low end either. We have over 7000 miles on it with few issues. The Jayco trailers appear to be a bit better quality but we really liked the layout and weight of our unit. Good luck on the search!

Jayco is on the higher end, a little bit more $ but great quality. We have had 3 and wouldn't buy anything else.

I like Jayco, too. They have a 2 year warranty also. They tend to be a little heavier than some other lightweights.

Are you looking for a Travel trailer, Fifth wheel or motorized rv? Do you have a price range? High end may not meet your needs or price.

I really like my Gulf Stream. Very few problems and a two year warrenty.

Are you looking for a Travel trailer, Fifth wheel or motorized rv? Do you have a price range? High end may not meet your needs or price.

We aren't buying yet, we're happy with the pop up for now. Planning ahead on what rv's keep their value and last longer and are good to buy used. Probably looking at a TT or a class C in the future. Haven't made that decision yet. Just gathering info for now.

Oh yeah, that's right ftwildernessguy, you did offer to let me see your rig! Maybe I'll have to take you up on that.

We had a Montana 29RK 5th-wheel (Keystone product). We purchased it brand new in 2000 for $24,000, used it for 5 years, and sold it in like-new condiiton for $24,000 in 2005. How's that for holding your value?

To be fair, we bought prior to 9/11 when camper sales were at a regular pace. After 9/11 camper sales and prices skyrocketed, as everyone wanted to stay closer to home.

We LOVED our Montana, and received tons of compliments on it. I am really missing it this summer!

Other higher-end models we looked at were Jayco, Cardinal, Hitchiker, and Titanium.

Foretravel, Country Coach, or Prevost. You can get any one of them for a cool million!!

As far as trailers go Airstream, Arctic Fox and Mobile Suites 5th wheels trailer are three of the higher end units that come to mind. There might be a couple of others and then all the rest are in about the same boat. I have a Holiday Rambler and back in the 90's they were a high end trailer with the Presidential being their top end, but in the 2000's they sort of fell out of the High End classification.

Now in the MH side I have no idea except Prevost is way up there and maybe a couple of others like Marathon, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Larry

OK, Maybe I don't mean that high end! :scared:

Okay then, we'll come back down to my price range, too then.

TT= Jayco, Keystone or Gulfstream

MH= Tiffen (which are still kind of pricy), Winnebago/Itasca, Gulfstream

Foretravel, Country Coach, or Prevost. You can get any one of them for a cool million!!

Okay then, we'll come back down to my price range, too then.

TT= Jayco, Keystone or Gulfstream

MH= Tiffen (which are still kind of pricy), Winnebago/Itasca, Gulfstream

OK, now we're back in my price range, too! Good to know that Keystone looks like a good brand. I like a lot of their floor plans. And we keep drooling over the winnebago Class C's.

Keystone makes very nice RVs but just like others, they have "higher end" units and they have "entry level" campers. Research their specs and compare.

We had a Puma for 4 years and loved it. When we bought this year, we wanted to step up so we bought the Sabre. Palomino makes both lines so we stuck with it. Forest River is the parent company.

What I'm saying is don't just look solely at one line from a manufacturer. Quite often, there are lower and higher end units from the same company. After the new year, go to every RV show you can find. They usually start in the winter and are a blast to attend.

We have a Titanium 5er; unfortunately, they are no longer made, Glendale (the parent company) declared bankruptcy this year, but we've been fans of them since we first saw them at the RV show back in 2003. When they auctioned off the assets none of the molds or patents were included and we've heard a rumor that a US company may actually buy them (the Ti was made in Canada)--we'll see how that goes.

I was reading the other day that the best selling 5er is the Montana and I do see a lot of them on the road.

Took GS out just to walk through some trailers yesterday, just to look around and did fall in love with a 2005 Class A Diesel Fleetwood Providence for $120K. If i were looking (and could afford it) that's what I would go with. :thumbsup2

In Motorhomes you can't go wrong with Winnebago/Itasca, Damon and Newmar. They all have entry level and go up from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter