what are the good counter services...?

joloco

Mouseketeer
If we DONT want a sit down restuarant in US or IOA are there any dounter service restuarants that are good. We are traveling in MAY with ds 8, 7 & 5 and want to go to NASAR, NBA city and maybe Margaritaville one night each for dinner. So we just wanted to "refuel" during the day. Are there any recommendations if we dont want a sit down restuarant at the theme parks. Thans.

We like Thunder Falls too...

last time we sat near a family with 3 boys. they split two roasted plates amongst 6 people and had enuf for everyone.

Herc

Alas, Thunder Falls terrace isn't open right now. The enchanted oak tavern in Lost C has similar food and is pretty good. The cafe 4 (?) in Marvel was ok. Pretty typical cafeteria food but there's something for everyone.

At IOA Richter's had pretty good burgers and fruit cups. The back patio on the water was nice.

My husband likes the turkey legs from the cart near Back to The Future.

Be sure to try Mythos in IOA if you have an adventurous palate. There are a regular kids menu too. The pasta would've been enough for 2 kids! This is a sit down place of course, and it's never been open past 3pm the few times I've been there but we go off-season.

I enjoy Thunder Falls chicken and Cafe 4 pizza. I also enjoy an occational turkey leg or corn dog. The Enchanted Tree I feel is A LOT of food if you just want to "refuel". For burgers I go to Wimpy's, but why get burgers?

On a side note, how is the Circus McGurkus fried chicken? It's about the only place at the park I haven't tried.

Refreshment stands of all types abound at both parks. We like to have a light breakfast and stick to water and/or a light snack or 2 for the rest of the day until dinner. Don't be afraid to take a few minutes to sit down & regroup when you stop for refreshment,you'll be glad you did.
I am not crazy for most of the quick serve foods in IOA. The ethnic foods at the Cartoon Lagoon area just don't do it for me. But my son likes the pizza and fries which seem to be the same generic type at most of the quick stops in Super Hero area and Cartoon Lagoon. Burger Digs is a safe bet in the Jurassic area, otherwise everyone else posted good ideas.
A few Universal suggestions- Mel's Diner is fast & good but standard burger/fry/etc fare. The Boulangerie near the front gates and the pastry shop in the Amity area both serve nice sandwiches and sumptuous desserts.- don't miss the 25 cent foot massage machines near there as an after lunch treat!
My personal favorite is the little fish fry bar across from the games in the Jaws area. The shrimp and scallop basket has never dissappointed me, and I rarely eat fried foods because I detest the taste of "old oil" especially when it comes to seafood. Even at the end of the day I have found the shrimps and scallops light and fresh tasting.

:smooth:

Circuis McGurkus si where I normally ate. They have very hearty portions. It is three pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. Then I got hooked on the Enchanted Oak with the BBQ food.

Then I started meeting people on the boards and havn't been to either of the restraunts since then. I've been at Mythos ever since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter