What are the current mask mandates in Orlando currently, OUTSIDE the Disney property (restaurants, theaters)?

wideeyedwonder

DIS Veteran
We will have a full day in Orlando where we will NOT be on Disney property...what are the current masking and distancing (theater seats, etc.) protocols for the Orlando area? (We are fully vaccinated).

There are no government-mandated restrictions in Florida, the vast majority of businesses are back to full operation (pre-pandemic levels), any type of remaining mask requirement would be up to each individual business and most businesses are no longer requiring it.. I was there a few weeks ago and most places on I-Drive did not require a mask and the vast majority of people I saw did not have masks on.

No municipalities can enforce mask mandates in Florida. They can say there is one, but can’t actually do anything about it per a Gov. Order several months ago. So ditch your mask and breath easy. I love our Governor.

Businesses can of course require masks on their property but that is it.

There are no government-mandated restrictions in Florida, the vast majority of businesses are back to full operation (pre-pandemic levels), any type of remaining mask requirement would be up to each individual business and most businesses are no longer requiring it.. I was there a few weeks ago and most places on I-Drive did not require a mask and the vast majority of people I saw did not have masks on.

Biggen said:
No municipalities can enforce mask mandates in Florida. They can say there is one, but can’t actually do anything about it per a Gov. Order several months ago. So ditch your mask and breath easy. I love our Governor.

Sorry to hijack but wow, that sounds like an alternate universe to me right now. We are still full restrictions in place, schools were just closed for 2 weeks, no theatres open, no restaurants open inside, take out only.. pretty much anything fun is off limits. Libraries, gyms, play places, museums, sports centres, rec centres.. all of it closed down still. Churches are finally open again, but at 15% capacity. Social gatherings outside limited to just 5 people and can't be from different households and yes - people will snitch (and in fact, are encouraged to). Absolutely no social gatherings of any size allowed inside your home (upon penalty of a $2,000 fine). Masks still EVERYWHERE inside (provincial AND municipally enforced). And our province is 62.3% vaccinated with the first dose (almost 57% of our entire country is vaccinated with 1 dose).

Needless to say, our trip to Florida can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
So we are back from a full day at Downtown Disney; masks are required in the shops and restaurants, but while you are eating, masks can be off. Outside, most people are maskless, but there are some adults that are keeping their masks on, presumably because they are not vaccinated, or they just choose to do so.

As far as the rest of Orlando, we haven’t had a chance to explore around yet.

Sorry to hijack but wow, that sounds like an alternate universe to me right now. We are still full restrictions in place, schools were just closed for 2 weeks, no theatres open, no restaurants open inside, take out only.. pretty much anything fun is off limits. Libraries, gyms, play places, museums, sports centres, rec centres.. all of it closed down still. Churches are finally open again, but at 15% capacity. Social gatherings outside limited to just 5 people and can't be from different households and yes - people will snitch (and in fact, are encouraged to). Absolutely no social gatherings of any size allowed inside your home (upon penalty of a $2,000 fine). Masks still EVERYWHERE inside (provincial AND municipally enforced). And our province is 62.3% vaccinated with the first dose (almost 57% of our entire country is vaccinated with 1 dose).

Needless to say, our trip to Florida can't come soon enough.

WOW that sounds a bit excessive.. I assume you live in the UK as most restrictions in most parts of the US have been lifted..

WOW that sounds a bit excessive.. I assume you live in the UK as most restrictions in most parts of the US have been lifted..

Nope, Canada. And you are right. It IS excessive. It's criminal actually, but that is an entirely different thread (one I don't imagine would be able to happen without getting into the politics because so much of it is political, despite what our leaders say). :crazy2: Supposedly, all restrictions in our province are set to be lifted at the end of June/early July but I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter